Distance to other players

When flying I see lots of other players and the altitude they are at but I have no idea how far they are from my current location. Is there a way to find this out?

5 Likes

I don’t think so, but it would be good if they added distance to the tags, as it was in FSX (after they make the font smaller).

5 Likes

Zendesk suggestion submitted. Cheers.

5 Likes

Hello,

I think that this not implemented feature helps you to be more better pilot than observer.

Do we know what is the range for showing other players? In what radius do I see other multiplayers?

1 Like

Dont think we know, but whatever it is, it is huge from my experience. Cheers.

It would be nice, if the sign of the other players went smaller in distance.

2 Likes

If I set to Live players, I briefly see them on the plan set map but never on the game map. In game they have it set to like 25m I believe, or that may just be the all players setting, in which I do see everyone.

I have generic planes deactivated and the mega pack installed so I can see Liveries on people.

Well, I believe that if folks are within about 50 miles, you see just their name. If they’re within about 20 miles, you see their name, plane type, and altitude. And if they’re within 5-10 miles, you might see some relative motion of their tags, depending on which way they’re going compared to you. Their lights also become visible at about this range it seems. Actual 3D plane shapes don’t show up until about 5 miles it seems.

1 Like

If you want a quick check turn your aircraft with the other 90 degrees/ your side. Close aircraft will start moving to the left/right if relatively close. The closer they are, the faster they will move. If very far they will appear to stay still or close to it.

1 Like

FSX provided this information. Hopefully this will be implemented in the future. If I see a friend I don’t know if I am able to fly to the location within minutes or have to use slew…

2 Likes

Or add to the inside map the altitude-distance-speed-user with option to hide or unhide those parameters.