Distilleries Scenery [Scotland]

The elevation model update for Scotland is absolutely superb, I have just finished a short flight from Prestwick [EGPK] via Campbeltown [EGEC] and a scenic coastal tour of Islay and Jura before landing at Islay [EGPI].

The modelling and placing of the Islay distilleries is pretty good for AI, the holy trinity of Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg as you head east from Port Ellen are nicely placed (and others too).

What would be really great is if someone would model them in a little more detail, particularly with the very noticeable naming (see images below, all taken by me) that is employed. A pack for all the distilleries of Scotland would be quite something :slight_smile:

Port Ellen Distillery

Lagavulin Distillery

Bunnahabhain Distillery

Laphroaig Distillery

Interestingly the new distillery of Ardnahoe is featured as an aerial image the AI hasn’t picked it up to model it though.

5 Likes

Now I had considered lighthouses, Severn Bridge and others, but distilleries? Go to the top of the class.

8 Likes

You should know that having visited a distillery, you shouldn’t be flying for 24 hours. Great idea for a couple of little trips though. If someone could provide a few waypounts, it would be helpful, hic

2 Likes

CHEERS! :100: :+1: :wink:

Port Ellen, Isle of Islay PA42 7AF, UK
55.633675, -6.196889

Lagavulin Distillery
Lagavulin, Isle of Islay PA42 7DZ, United Kingdom
55.635394, -6.126218

Bunnahabhain Distillery
Bunnahabhain, Isle of Islay PA46 7RP, United Kingdom
55.883270, -6.126608

Laphroaig Distillery
Laphroaig, Isle of Islay PA42 7DU, United Kingdom
55.629999, -6.152256

1 Like

Excellent. Many thanks for those.

1 Like

Flashback time… the Great Britain North scenery recently released by Orbx models the buildings and layout quite accurately for Islay and Jura distilleries*. It doesn’t go to the detail of making the principal buildings white with the lettering on the side… wonder if I can work out how to do that…

All in all this is an excellent add on that enhances Scotland really well!

*I haven’t checked other distilleries in Scotland yet.