DLSS 2.5.1 in Flight Sim?

Edit. Found it. Running tests

Yep, that’s how I updated several games to this new DLSS version (E.g. Cyberpunk, Death Stranding, etc.). You just have to replace the old file nvngx_dlss.dll by the new one (backup the original one, we never know). Keeping your mouse on the dll will show you the version number (or checking file properties).
I confirm it’s a good step in quality. Even DLSS Ultra Performance look better now.

1 Like

That’s basic knowledge, IMHO.

Fastest way to do it:
Mark the File, CTRL+C, CTRL+V
Done.

2 Likes

ya like holy ■■■■. Balanced at 1440p ultra gives near 60 fps and never dips below 30.

and i can read everything on the FMS EASY

2 Likes

And as DLSS 2.x work also in VR (not DLSS 3) it should be interesting to try it too as GPU usage is mainly the issue in VR (usually)…

Still blurry on 3440/1440

Faster than fast via DLSS swapper and auto backup :wink:
https://github.com/beeradmoore/dlss-swapper/releases

Restore

11 Likes

Big THANKS

Didn’t know this tool.

1 Like

really? i didnt see much blurriness if any

The DLSS Swapper didn’t find my MSFS2020 which is from Microsoft store and the executable is in:
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

And I get permission problems to rename the old version of the nv… dll using a powershell (with run administrator)

You shouldn’t touch WindowsApps folder!

Check again via xbox app.

Open xbox app > under installed click msfs
or my library > click msfs > click 3 dots > manage > files

yes check the xbox app for location and if needed, manually replace the dll file.

Nice. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

As I said above, that’s where the nv…dll file is and I am just saying that the DLSS Swapper doesn’t find MSFS when it runs - it does find War Thunder and 3DMark. Amyway, I only have read access to that file even with running powershell or CMD as an administrator.

I did run Xbox app on my PC and it lists MSFS.

Same here. I wonder if the rights got messed up when upgrading to Win11 ?
Or else it’s a meaning of “Administrator” I didn’t know yet …

Just did replace the nvngx_dlss.dll on my 3440x1440/3080 and didn’t see much difference in DX11 during a flight with the C172 G1000. Could be a placebo effect saying they were less ghosting? Don’t know really if it makes difference on my setup.

But thanks to @BaidDSB for letting us know and all for sharing how to test it.

I tried this today and noticed text seems a little clearer but with more shimmering elsewhere, particularly on night flights with city lights in the distance. I switched back and forth between the two DLSS versions a few times and the original didn’t shimmer much at all. Choose your poison I guess.

do you have motion blur on?

No I do not.

I see a little difference with DLSS 2.5.1. in comparison to DLSS 2.4.1.
Some of the little text fonts are better readable.
The sharpness and text quality overall is a little bit better.
It is not much but it is certainly there and fps is the same as before.

2 Likes