DLSS option not showing up

Same for me: No DLSS Option. Using a 3080ti FE with Driver 516.94 on Win10
Never took part in Beta-program
Wondering why the beta took so long and this issue is reported for so long with no fix until SU10 release. Again dissapointing…

RTX 3070 here, GeForce 516.94 and SU-10 updated. DLSS still not showing up…

True i have the same issue, try “quality option” and is almost perfect, almost.

Took a wild shot, used DDU to wipe the driver, reinstalled the latest driver directly from Nvidia’s website. Disabled HAGs in Windows. Uninstalled MSFS’s launcher, removed any traces of MSFS from appdata folders in both Roaming/Local/Packages, etc…Ensured windows 10 was 100% up-to-date with no outstanding items. Redownloaded the launcher via XboxGames app, pointed to the MSFS core files, ensuring there was no community folder present at all.

Annd? No dice. I would like to say I tried everything short of a full wipe and re-install, but unfortunately I even did that when DLSS didnt show up during Beta and I wiped everything to redownload the sim in it’s entirety to ensure I went back to a clean SU9.Also just tried forcing it in the usercfg.opt, nope.

System in question:
Win 10, i9 10900K, RTX 3080 Ventas (MSI), 64GB DDR4 and a 2560x1080 ultrawide. Sim is on a seperate drive. Barebones windows install with just Discord and Geforce experience active in the background.

In my personal case upgrading to win 11 did the trick, but apparently doesn’t work for everyone.

For people in your situation it’s better for your time and your sanity to stop banging your head against the wall tweaking settings trying to get DLSS to show up – now that SU10 dropped it’s obvious that this is a bug and it’s Asobo’s fault.

FWIW, I have a very similar system to yours (basically identical except I have a i7-9700k), and DLSS in its present state buys me nothing in terms of performance; I tried it for a few minutes and went straight back to TAA.

1 Like

Sometimes I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or something right… I am using Windows 10 with the current “old” NVIDIA GRD for my 208ti, enabled DLSS QUALITY. Depending on what is being displayed, GPU utilization drops between 0% to 18%, the CPU utilization is around 15% (no change). FPS performance has dramatically improved from mid 30s to about 58 - 59 at 4k. VRAM has decreased from about 9.5/11.0 to 8.0/11.0.

With these solid improvement numbers, I’m not going to install the SD even though it has the MSFS fix. Haven’t seen any flying trees either…

Did one flight so far in SU10, I know I would struggle in airports so I did a TBM flight around Honolulu. The smoothness improved a lot, but I noticed all the screens and texts seems more blurry. Running DLSS Quality and I tried using more sharpening but doesn’t seem to help. Prior to this I also tweaked some settings in OpenXR tool kits so I haven’t tried that yet…

Just downloaded SU10 and no DLSS option for me either.

I also tried using my reshade preset that I used in SU9 and it did sharpen it more but there’s some weird refreshing going on for any part of the displays that have moving info like the speed tape or altitude readout. If you switch back to TAA it’s back to normal.
I thought I read earlier today that there’s a known issue with DLSS and glass panels in aircraft but I cannot find it.

Still don’t have DLSS option available. I’m on Windows 11, Dell OEM RTX3090, September 20 Studio driver 517.40

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES
Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

3060TI VIDEO CARD-
If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

I’ve got the DLSS option, with a 2080 Super. No matter what DLSS setting I use, the ONLY effect I get is that it makes my game blurry. Is there some setting in particular I need checked on my graphics card to use it? Can’t imagine that it’s working on my system as intended.

SOLVED FOR ME: apologize…
Removed a previous used Registry-Tweak an now it works (DLSS is showing up now). Credits goes to much_0_ado on "VRFlightSimGuy`s Discord:
The Tweak was to add a Key named TdrLevel in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers.

So I reverted this tweak and now DLSS shows up.

2 Likes

Hello, first time posting, here are my findings:

I was never on the beta, updated to SU10 and the DLSS option was not there.

The “nvngx_dlss.dll” version on the game folder was 2.4.12

I downloaded version 2.4.6 from Techpowerup, that in the download page says the source is SU10 (the beta I guess?), and BAM, the option appeared!

If I delete the .dll and verify file integrity on Steam, it downloads again 2.4.12 and the option disappears, if I use the 2.4.12 dll from Techpowerup (which is slighty different in size from my steam version) the option dissapears.

nvngx_dlss 2.4.6 is working for me.

So, check your dlls versions and give it a try!

My specs:
Windows 11
RTX 3070
511.79 drivers

SOLVED FOR ME. I was not in the beta, on Windows 11, updated to SU10 and the DLSS option was not there. Fixed by reinstalling the same GeForce Game Ready Driver v516.94. To re-install the driver, close MSFS 2020, open GeForce experience and click the three dots next to the driver details, the option to ‘reinstall driver’ appears. Click this, and when it finishes re-start the PC.

Hi!
Thx for the tip, that was the problem in my case. About DLSS… Omg, still in quality settings the picture is blurry and compare to the TAA, there is no performance gain.

1 Like

@GAE099s, Thanks for the tip. Renaming the TdrLevel key to TdrLevelOld worked for me. I was on the SU10 Beta and could never get the DLSS option to display until I renamed the key. I didn’t even need to reboot. I renamed the key, started MSFS and the option was available. This is with an RTX 2080ti.

Now comes the testing to see if it is worth it. I have been reading a lot of posts where the quality degradation is bad enough that people feel it negates any performance increase.

Great !! It working also for me.
Thanks a lot
Renato

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers (Key TDRLevel deleted) and now it works.

Confirming this fixed the problem. I can’t even remember what was that. Probably some pseudo CTD fix.

Quick test:
DX11:
TAA - 56 FPS | Limited by Mainthread/GPU | GPU Load ~98%
DLSS Balanced - 60 FPS | Limited by Mainthread mostly | GPU Load ~70%

DX12:
TAA - 56 FPS | Limited by Mainthread/GPU | GPU Load ~98%
DLSS Balanced - 60 FPS | Limited by Mainthread mostly | GPU Load ~70%
DLSS Ultra performance - 60 FPS | Limited by Mainthread mostly | GPU Load: ~70%
DLSS Quality - 60 FPS | Limited by Mainthread mostly | GPU Load: ~75%

2 Likes

I’ve done exactly the same except reinstalling Windows, I thought maybe it was only with Windows 11.