DLSS option not showing up

Yep… Took the long way around but hey, finally working… Now set at DX12 with DLSS. (Quality). Case closed.

(But now on another note: . WU11 went in in fine… but they destroyed Toronto!! Looks like it got hit with a nuke!! Photogrammetry is very bad.
If you turn it off, buildings are better but CN Tower vanishes.
(Things at that location were better before WU11!)

Good thing there is a freeware add-on for the Toronto area!!).
(Will also post the latter issue in the correct forum section)

Hello GAE099s

I’m having the same issue with the dlss, it will not show up. I see that you changed some setting in the Registry to make it work. Please accept my apologies, but I am not very computer savoy, would it be possible for you to send me a step by step explanation on how to do this registry change or tweak. Oh, and I am using steam

Thanking you in advance

1 Like

Remember DLSS also only show up, if you have an RTX-GPU (Nvidia 2000 Series upwards).

There may be more reasons for DLSS not showing up, but most people who did a registry-hack in the past should revert this one. So if you are not firm tweaking the registry I assume you did not made this entry in the past and you should not touch your registry!! Even more if you do not know what you are doing. You may break your Windows-installation. Caution!!!

• If you want to check/delete, that this DLSS avoiding registry entry called “TDRLevel=0” is present you can open the registry editor using command regedit
  • For Backup your registry in case you accidently destroy it export the registry under File > Export - to back it up
  • Go to this location by expanding the relevant names
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
  • On the right side you will find an entry called TRDLevel with a value of 0
  • right click that entry and select delete on that line
  • reboot Windows

But you do it on your own risk!!

1 Like

I solved like this:

First update flight simulator, then restart the pc, run Flight simulator and activate DirectX 12 beta save and restart flight simulator, once you run again you can change in the filter menu clicking from TAA and continue to click until you find dlss, remember that must be done in pc screen not in VR, once you got the dlss turn off DirectX 12 or it would crash often.

Just wanted to report back. Initially, I checked my registry awhile ago and did not find it, checked again and I must have overlooked the entry. I deleted TDRLevel=0, rebooted, launched the sim and the DLSS setting appeared. Thanks everyone for you help. Hopefully this thread will be of some use to others.

Good evening, the TDRLEVEL entry was not present in the registry on Windows 10 but still no DLSS. In order to permanently solve the problem, I installed windows11 and Flight Simulator. Now, I have the option and I don’t regret having taken the plunge.

1 Like

I use my PC for work, so taking the plunge was a bit of a tough decision because I knew I wanted to do it completely fresh / i.e wipe all drives to make the most of a clean install. I dont regret it either. Win11 is actually very similar to 10, just a bit more polished in some respects.

A few annoyances I had to fix like a left justified start menu, and restoring Win10 context menus on right click because the default win11 ones were horrible. But otherwise, a week into the OS and it doesn’t feel like much has changed. Very familiar and comfortable to use. There is but one annoyance- cant right click an empty spot in my taskbar to bring up task manager. Instead I gotta click the start menu windows icon instead but I can live with it.

DLSS shows up and the sim feels smoother. Likely because its a clean install. No regrets.

Just a little report from my side. DLSS was not showing up for me either and I searched the internet up and down. For some reason I then went into the Nvidia Experiance and let that optimize my graphic settings for me and there it showed up. DLSS was chosen by Nvida to use and then it was also in the sim.

So if it still not working for you maybe try that way.

2 Likes

Good evening, I tried this way in his time but for me it didn’t work. Only the update to Windows 11 and the installation of MSFS gave the desired result.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes, after installing Nvidia driver 522.25 there is no option to select DLSS.
When I roll back to 517.48 things are OK again.
In both cases DX12 was selected.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

ASUS GeForce 3080

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Well, i give up…

Did a fresh install of everything, fresh W11 iso, fresh MSFS installation, fresh drivers, fresh updates… DLSS not showing up, no matter what! And a totally wasted day off…

As a last resort, i applied for Steam’s beta program, updated the game and now even AMD FSR 2.0 shows as an anti-aliasing option, but not DLSS. This is just plain ridiculous…

Tried the beta, now i’m back at the “normal” version. I do have an RTX, as i mentioned and showed some posts ago in this thread, and DLSS works fine for other games i have

Then I’m not sure what you can do except wait for SU11. A “clean” install of the Nvidia driver without GF etc. and default settings is really my only suggestion.

Already done that… :roll_eyes:

Then I don’t know, it’s strange considering the steps you have taken but I think it’s a question of both hardware configuration and either Steam or MSFS’ coding.

I found this higher up the thread, no guarantees and always keep a careful note of any registry changes you make.

It might be worth a try setting up this key and rebooting. If no good you probably should delete it again before your next driver update.

PS. I just read Nvidia have released a new driver (might be a beta), maybe you should try that first.

Been there…

I don’t recall ever adding/changing anything like that before, still i checked and the said key was nowhere to be found (literally, even searched by name). Besides, a clean windows install shouldn’t have that issue, still i checked again, and nothing there.

What’s really ■■■■■■■ me off about all of this, is that i HAD dlss available for a couple of days, up until i upgraded my ssd for a bigger one. Even tried popping in the old one, for sanity sake, but no good

Did you try setting up the key as I suggested?

But reading that about the SSD I think you should have downloaded and used an iso image when you reinstalled Windows because what you have now is the same config as before. It’s a lot of hassle and SU11 is not far away so you probably should wait to see if it’s fixed.

Haven’t tried adding the key to the registry, or adding and then delete it again… I’ll try it when i get home, but i’m not hoping much.

Regarding the ssd change, at first i backed up the old one and restored the image on the new - thus keeping every config - then tried reinstalling and updating windows from scratch, keeping my MSFS installation from the backup, trying to avoid countless hours of downloading, and finally format it again, reinstalling windows from a fresh iso AND re-downloading the entire game from steam

Old nvidia drivers, new drivers, studio drivers, cpu/gpu/ram overclock on/off, fullscreen/window, game mode on/off, (the other w11 setting for game graphics i can’t seem to recall right now on/off), hdr on/off, vsync on/off - both in nvidia panel and ingame, geforce experience with/without, dx11/dx12, dev mode on/off, rolling cache on/off, community folder addons with/without, regedit, even tried creating a new microsoft/xbox profile and sign in using that…
I’m not exactly a tech-noob, but this one got me puzzled alright. And as i said, dlss/raytracing/whatever works just fine on other titles, so i seriously doubt it’s me doing something wrong

I check my registry and don’t have this key: TDRlevel…, and nothing of apear in my MSFS2020.