Do we have an actual release TIME for SU5?

I’m in the U.S. and Asobo is 7 hours ahead of me. So we know when it will be released?

I believe it releases at 1500z 27/7, which for me in Sydney Australia is 1am 28/7.

6 Likes

Yeah, 1500Z is the scheduled release time worldwide.

Make sure to keep an eye on #community:news-and-announcements for more information.

13 Likes

Thanks mate! I freaking LOVE Australia. Made it to Perth years ago. Had a blast.

3 Likes

So, the XBOX release at the same time as the PC update I take it?

Great. Is there a changelog of the SU5 available?

According to this Official MSFS Twitter post, both will be pushed around the same time.

2 Likes

OK it’s now the 27th in Bordeaux,Fr!

Release the hounds! :smiley:

6 Likes

We’ve been burned before… I’m reading “around the same time” to mean the pc update timing will be a little vague, as usual… in the past the PC update release time has varied greatly. Of course this is a little different with a combined Xbox release (I assume console gamers expect an exact timed release maybe?) and I’m very happy to be wrong on this occasion!

2 Likes

Also, please keep in mind that even on “normal” update dates (if there IS such a thing) people report a lot more CTDs. Tomorrow is going to be insane, so expect even more chaos… and more CTDs.

3 Likes

I never have been one to believe the hype on anything. Therefore, I will remain my old, cynical self and hope that Asobo blows me away. I shall be awake with coffee at 0900hrs. ( That’s 9AM for all the non-military simmers )

2 Likes

This is good news, I can fly all day today (27th here in Aus) in MSFS. Then I’m going to install FSX on my new gaming PC that I had built for MSFS to see how it looks and wait until everything calms down before starting MSFS and updating it. I imagine the download speeds will be sloooooowwww first up.

1 Like

I live in the Illawarra…but I definitely am not getting up at sparrows f—- :sleeping:

I received my new rig the other day….installed P3D 5.2 , and have just finished installing all the add ons… Orbx etc etc….pushed all the sliders to the right….very acceptable results….not perfect as the code is so old.
DCS world is now also installed…goes like a scalded Dingo…all options maxed out. Am a vey happy vegemite.
Like you I’ll wait a little while before installing MSFS…

???

1 Like

It’s not like we can go anywhere else :man_shrugging:

I came up with the brilliant idea to buy a PCIE adapter for my older m2 nvme drive to use as a cache drive, the question is which arrives first?

Last tracking it was 118 miles away and not out for delivery.

Exactly…thanks goodness for our hobbies.
I have padded my study walls…so I don’t damage myself when I start bouncing off them…

1 Like

What time was it last update? I have this dim recollection of downloading an update at 11am (BST), but then that may have been cos I didn’t load the sim up until the day after the update. Really don’t remember though.

Hi,

What time the sim update 5 released?

Thanks