Do you need to learn to fly in Flight sim?

Thank You!

I just want to help folks enjoy their sim – If they want to get deep in the weeds, then they should go to a real instructor and learn the real stuff. It’s fun to do. But I know I flew flight sim for years before I found myself at an airport looking to do it for real.

2 Likes

In reality there is something in the marketplace, but the instructor must be paid :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Well, maybe he’s a superstar.

Nobody should have to pay to learn to fly a PC simulator, at least in my opinion.

6 Likes

This is great! I actually JUST posted a topic asking if there are folks like you out there who would offer their help to get folks like myself more comfortable. PM sent!

1 Like

Thanks for your interest!

Looking forward to it.

what a great offer, thank you very much. I kind of know how to fly but I am stuck trying to multiflight in discord or elsewhere. The old Microsoft flight simulator was so easy, you could just join an existing flight, but 2020 version is very hard. looking forward to your instructions and help. Thanks again.

Iam looking for the same thing to do. Currently i teach a couple of people the basics and they can ask questions if they like. No pay, just having fun together and learn a bit along the way.
I applied for the Co-pilot allready, and maybe you should do as well.

[Applications Open] Category Moderators and Co-Pilots (Welcome Crew) - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I’m not totally sure what you’re asking about.

My post is primarily about learning to fly. But it sounds like you’re asking about getting the software working as expected, and not about how to fly?

Anyhow, I’m happy to help if I can, but I’m not sure I understand what you are asking for, so a little more detail would be helpful.

Thanks for this!
FS Academy

Hi thanks for taking time to write. I really don’t know how to do multiplayer, communicate with friends and so on. Thanks

great idea, I am new to flight sim and know the basics but would really be up for this, something I was looking for and was surprised no one else done it!

Its probably the main reason why I have not ventured to XP11 as I think its maybe a bit to study level for me at the minute

Hi Kevin,
Shoot me a private message and we can figure out what you need. Thanks for your interest, and I’m looking forward to helping you out if I can.

I would be interested in your help

I’ll PM you, I don’t want this thread to end up being a big Q&A thing.

Hello, I would love to learn if you have the time. I have a yoke and rudder but I’m very new and know very basic things. Would love to learn anything new or tips to be better. Not sure how to pm on here… lol. I found my inbox and my sent but not sure how to actually send a pm if you wouldn’t mind maybe sending me one… :smiley:

sent a pm for ya…

What a great initiative!
I just wanted to comment that I think there are some shared cockpit mods out there.
I remember trying one called YourControls some months ago that worked fairly well with a few of the default aircrafts. Could be great for this purpose :+1:

1 Like

Yep, I ask everyone to use Your Controls, because for what I’m doing its just about perfect. Not everyone is comfortable with 3rd party addons that aren’t from the in game marketplace, but for anyone who will use it, thats the way I like to go.

2 Likes

Hello Beefcake. My name is Rich.
Welcome to MSFS! I’m retired, so on most days. Also a Co-Pilot. I’m on XBox s. I fly the a320 Airbus, HOnda HJet, F-18 Hornet, Twin piston engine planes.
Let me know if you would like some assistants!

Rich