Do you (still) think deluxe and premium were worth it?

Do you (still) think deluxe and premium were worth it ?
I’m not so sure now… when i see the extra planes bugged and the lack of optimization of extra airports despite recent efforts.
What do you think since the release ?

3 Likes

It depends,

what you really expect from that package…

1 Like

I went for the full package, as I thought I would always regret it if I didn’t.

It’s nice having the extra planes - I’m used to having the steam gauge Cessna 172 in my hangar, so I wanted at least one plane I was relatively proficient in. if Asobo sort out the bugs (which will take time, given the large number!), it will certainly work out cheaper than having to buy the planes individually. The airports, I’m personally not too worried about, but overall I’m happy I bought the extra.

So it really is about personal preferences - you now have a better view of 3rd party add-ons, so you can do your sums as to which path to take to achieve your preferred flight sim experience.

6 Likes

I’m pleased I went premium deluxe. More choice.

10 Likes

I went with the top one because it got it for near the same price as the middle package and I really wanted the 787.

But honestly, because of all the bugs, my desire to play the game is gone. At this point I couldn’t even make a case for the base game being worth the cost. Hopefully by the end of the year MSFS will be in a release ready state, I think it’s safe to say this game released months earlier than it should.

I’m unlikely to ever buy a plane (or other content) from the marketplace other than Leeds/Bradford. Though I will always keep an eye on the odd free thing that may release. The state this game is in currently, it’s certainly not worth sinking more money into.

17 Likes

For me, Yes

Yes, im very happy, never going to look back to either flightsims, msfs2020 all the way or norhing.

5 Likes

As premium deluxe customers, i would like to have exclusive contents proposed regulary.

5 Likes

It’s good everyone is happy. I’m happy with my standard version and don’t regret :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s how you get the Cirrus SR22, a fantastic VFR plane.

4 Likes

I’m happy with the Standard version for now, which I have with the Game Pass. Hoping for the Premium package to be in the Black Friday sales so I can pick it up then.

2 Likes

No regrets buying Premium Deluxe. I bought it for a couple of reasons:

1. I was interested in flying the extra aircraft (especially Dreamliner, C152 Aerobat and SR22)
  2. I wanted to support the developers and am lucky to be in a position to afford it.
  3. The extra airports were a nice sweetener.
7 Likes

Sure why not, I like some of the planes offered in it and also in the deluxe version. Bought it mainly to support the team and as a thank you for being an alpha tester since the very first alpha build. Otherwise I would have just used it for free (sort of) as I’m already an Xbox game pass for PC subscriber.

Would be nice though if they would add some bonus content for buyers of the (premium) deluxe versions in future paid DLC for example (maybe an extra helicopter in the helicopter pack or something). Or maybe a small discount or give away something for free to these buyers once in a while.

I also hope that they will do some more work on the 787.

1 Like

yap :slight_smile:
Even for give the full support to the devs for made the best simulator ever. It will get better and better with time

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m loving the value. I’ve spent under $1/hr, aand we’re just 2 months in.

3 Likes

100% worth it. I want to give back to the developers. I would have paid 120 dollars for the standard version.

This is an ambitous project which has involved many teams within and external to Microsoft. It’s amazing how many take this for granted. The airport additions are great especially as I live in London and the planes will get better. The team has the right attitude, are skilled will constantly provide more value to the plaform for both the end user and third party developer.

I don’t know about all of your economies but a sense of perspective is required here. In London I’ve spent more on a steak dinner than I have on MSFS, it really isn’t that much given what you get back in return.

Really they can take my money, I’m absolutely delighted by the project, the current issues will be forgotten in a few months time - just teething problems - Star Citizen effectively had a whole year with a broken demo and no good updates. it’s a great time to be simming on PC - VR and helicoptors to come I couldn’t be more happier.

13 Likes

I think they’re worth it in content. I bought it because i really wanted the dreamliner. The extra handcrafted airports are nice too.

BUT… I rarely fly the 787, and i rarely fly at handcrafted airports. Because the optimization is not very good at this moment. Also the 787 is verry vague (to me atleast) and not really a convincing experience. Also there’s alot of bugs still present with the 787.

But still, if it all gets fixed in the future i’m more than happy with the purchase. For now i still enjoy flying every day so… When a game makes me do that, it’s always a good investment

1 Like

I’m still optimistic (despite my own quite buggy experience of the sim) that the issues will be solved, so in this sense, I would not change my purchase of PD version.

I’ll be upgrading my CPU (and therefore also Mobo) at some point as it is the bottleneck in my system. The price of this project dwarfs the difference in price between Standard and PD editions.

1 Like

Sounds like you are describing the perks from a voluntary subscription system. I don’t know if purchasing a simple upgrade warrents a constant stream of additional priviledges.

3 Likes

For what you get it’s worth it yes because of all the scenery alone and the brilliant C172S - the recent updates that seem to damage more than they fix are an issue. Knowing what I know now I’d recommend getting the basic version as the big jets are not really to standard for the serious simmers. GA flying is excellent.

1 Like