Does anyone fly multi-leg trips in one session or is it just me?

I fly the CJ4 mostly, I like to do short-hops around the UK and also really like to program the trips directly into the FMS.

I can see a definite pattern of problems though and for me it really spoils the fun:-

I set my take-off airport in the world planner and press “go fly”

The first leg works 100% with all the systems online like ILS, VNAV etc and the trip is wonderful.

I park at the destination, reprogram the FMS, usually with one or both engines running (makes no difference) and take the next leg - her I always find VNAV is totally dead and many times the FMS messes up the route as well and can skip parts of the arrival and/or transition etc

This happens every time i try a multi-leg flight and is really bugging me now to the point where many times I just can’t be bothered. I don’t like long flights but do like the flight programming, systems and settings of the plane etc plus the takeoff and landings.

Is it really not possible?

This must be an issue with the CJ4.

I’m currently flying the Blackbird C310 around Canada doing short hops between airports. I’ve done many flights in one MSFS session, each time programming the GNS530 with the Arr and Dep airports, plus approach and the GNS performs flawlessly (including RNAV glideslopes). I’ve only ever had the odd glitch with the old flight plan not being fully cleared when I deleted it from the GNS menu but the recent Sim and C310 Updates got rid of those. Now it works 100% of the time.

Its a great way to fly and explore so perhaps look for an alternate plane to fly?

1 Like

I find something similar, but not exactly what you describe. On the second leg, if I try to activate a “direct to” it messes up. Nav mode doesn’t work and it tries to skip to the next leg after the one selected, but the aircraft doesn’t follow the route and you end up having to use heading mode for the rest of the flight. It will intercept the ILS and follow the ILS down. Strange.

Shouldn’t have to look for an alternative plane to fly, especially a payware one. The CJ4 should work as advertised, especially as it’s one that has so much attention given to it by Working Title now part of Asobo.

1 Like

I do as I play OnAir which is great. Lot of the jobs I get are jumps from one airport to another, so sometimes if a short jump I’ll drop off cargo and passengers and do a turn to advance the job with another delivery.

1 Like

Thanks all,

I really didn’t want to go to another plane as i have also started looking at building a few of the actual CJ4 panels using Arduino and AirManager.

I might try in the TBM930 as I liked that before but not as much as the CJ4.

Nothing I seem to try affects the faults in the CJ4 - I have tried going cold/dark between legs - no difference, I tried planning the first leg fully in the planner but after one leg the second failed as usual.

One thing I do recall is that after the first leg the VNAV button in AirManager does not make the click sound when you press it, the button visibly goes in but no click which to me indicates that the code behind that button is possibly not being triggered?

I have not tried planning each leg in the planner as that, to me, defeats the object of having a working FMS completely.

@WolverineHusky are you flying the CJ4?

Hi @DaveJK9173,
I’ve moved your topic to the User Support Hub Aircraft & Systems that is more appropriate to receive support from the community. Also added the cessna-citation-cj4 tag since it seems issue happens with that plane so far. I think it is a good idea to try with the TBM in order to define if plane specific or not.

1 Like

I’m led to believe that some aircraft in the sim just aren’t set up for it. I do it in the inibuilds A300 and it works with absolutely no issues but that’s the only aircraft I’ve ever tried it in as I always thought it wasn’t possible prior to starting to fly that

1 Like

It sounds plausible, i guess most users will just plan a trip in the world planner and fly it, exiting after.

I’ll have to try the same trip/legs in the TBM to see if it is plane related then I can target my request a bit more accurately, hopefully this weekend. I’ll have to refresh my memory on the G3000 etc though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sadly I have to say it looks like a bug within the CJ4 code/model.

I have switched to the C208B and flown the same multi-leg trip using only the G1000 suite to program the FPL and despite not using that suite for some years now, I had the ILS, VNAV and all other bells & whistles working on every leg of my trip.

Is there a plane bug report section?

I find that in general the game doesn’t do too well in long haul flights. Which is what i use it for. I get similar issues as you describe. It does seem to vary from one aircraft to the next. And I get a similar thing if i try to save game mid-flight and continue later. The flight plan is gone and cant be recovered, aircraft status is gone and a lot of things dont work, like the autopilot.

1 Like