Does anyone know if someone is planning to produce the F-4 for MSFS?

Any variant would be good, though I’d really prefer the E, it was the workhorse in Vietnam. And not Navy, PLEASE!

I believe SWS likes Navy to support carrier operations (I’m pretty sure they sell an operational carrier for MSFS now?), which I think is great (though I’d like to see the E, too).

1 Like

The RIO was a passenger compared to the WSO.

1 Like

+1 on the Phantom II. Although I would prefer a US Air Force D/E version/option as well, the J version is a must have. It’s just more fun to land on carriers (in a simulation where you don’t die from your mistakes or soil your flightsuit at night/low visibility). I can however wait on this addon. Visibility isn’t as good as say an F-16, when operating in the MSFS environment. Also, I wouldn’t consider purchasing/using it unless the addon included a MilViz/FBW/FlyingIron/(Asobo F-18E) minimum standard in the Audio Experience. Everything we have so far is good enough to just fly around and explore the MSFS World - except the temporary lack of official SDK helicopter support and helicopter addons in general.

It is time for SU8 and the following evolution of MSFS into the high fidelity addon realm. Until then, the mod developers are the Angel’s.

We have two. Both are in the pipe. Next year.

10 Likes

Nice! Sounds like maybe USAF and Navy both!

You know what would be cool, since the gun doesn’t matter in MSFS anyway? The RF-4C. Last recon aircraft in the USAF. Cool pointy nose like the F-4E, but IMHO better-looking. And recon missions make sense in MSFS. :slight_smile:

RAF 43 Sqn please Milviz.

1 Like

Has anyone ever developed a British variant of the phantom for older sims? The FAA FG.1 (F-4K) or RAF FGR.2 (F-4M) with Rolls-Royce Spey engines and the extendable nose wheel for the FG.1 would be really nice to see simulated. No doubt they’d be nowhere near as popular as USAF variants so I’m not expecting anything but a boy can dream. I guess F-4Js would be the closest to UK phantoms as the K and M were both developed from the J and also the RAF acquired some Js after the Falklands war to boost air defence, although they were massively upgraded.

I wanted to. I had plans for a J and FGR.2 package that was in very early stages, but I did not want to step on Sim Works Studio’s plans so I shelved it. With Milviz also already underway I don’t think I’ll be resurrecting the project.

9 Likes

That’s a shame but understandable.

Alphasim and Iris both did the FG.1 for old versions. The FS2002 FG.1 is in the AlphaSim Freeware collection. The Iris FG.1 is available on AvSim as fsx_f4_phantom.zip – it includes a bunch of non-British paints that look weird with those oddball Spey engine exhausts. Get SWS or MilViz if you want non-British FSX/P3D Phantoms. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Them’s fighting words! FS8 is a bit too old for me to go back to now but it’s nice to know the niche was filled years ago.

We are working on something special for the Phantom, but it will not be happening “right now”. The reason is that we want to play around with the flight model some more and see if and how we can get the Phantom’s handling in. The Spook has some quirks that make flying it unique and we don’t want to jump the gun in favour of some early sales.

5 Likes

And we’re busy reduxing the model/paint/systems for ours.

3 Likes

I saw on your website you have both the F-4J for the (boo) Navy, and the F-4E for the (yay) AF, will you be releasing both?

IMHO the only reason that an F-4 is not out is someone is working on it and wants to make it good.

Still hoping someone will make an F-106.

We will be releasing an E and the S. No J

6 Likes

F-4 would be amazing, and if we could get that and an A-6 and done well. I’d be a very happy person. Lol

1 Like

I was raised by a USAF fighter pilot and thought the same thing until I watched this video. I think otherwise now. And yes, I know that RIOs don’t have a stick.

IMHO, MilViz did by far the best Phantom(s) for P3D. I saw in an interview about a year ago that they said the SDK needed a lot of development work before they could recreate it in MSFS. Here’s hoping that happens.

But now that Heatblur has announced an F-4E for DCS, based on their incredible Tomcat RIO AI, it will be the one to own. They are following with Navy and Marine versions.