Does Navigraph delete all default navaids?

I’ve been using Navigraph for some time now. Yesterday I had cause to move my community folder while I patched the sim. For one reason or another I forgot to move it back before loading up the sim again and only noticed when I went to enter a flightplan and there was nothing available, no nav data, no procedures, nothing. Realised my error, went back and repopulated the community folder, went back to the sim and everything was fine. I would have expected that Navigraph would have just superceded the default nav data, not apparently deleted it entirely. I’d have thought remove Navigraph and everything would automatically default back, but apparently not? What would I need to do if I ever stopped using Navigraph, would it require a new install?

Hi,

You can’t just remove the folders as the content.xml file is still prioritizing (removed) navigraph data over the stock data, and therefore you see nothing. In general, deleting or moving folders out of community can have unexpected behavior like this.

Please read this FAQ if you want to remove the Navigraph data. FAQ - Uninstall the navdata (revert back to the stock data) - FAQ - Navigraph

Regards,

Stephen

3 Likes

Thanks very much for this. That explains everything. No intention of cancelling Navigraph at this time though however. :wink:

2 Likes