Does the Hub of the Americas tell you anything? :(

I was very happy when I downloaded and installed Flight Simulator 2020 … but all my happiness went to waste when I discovered that my favorite airport in the world was not on the list of airports in the world (You say that all the airports in the world are there? IT’S A COMPLETE LIE!) … Does the Hub of the Americas tell you anything? I hope you have a good explanation of WHY TOCUMEN … being the most important airport in Central America is NOT LISTED … and the local airport in Panama (Halbrook?) IS SET AS MAIN PANAMA AIRPORT!!! What? Do you have something against Panama? Or maybe something against Copa Airlines for not including their HUB in the airports of the world?
As a Latin American I feel very disappointed with those who developed this simulator. HOW ARE THEY GOING TO IGNORE AN AIRPORT OF THAT WEIGHT FOR THE REGION?
It is well known throughout the world that the average American is ignorant … but FOR GOD’s sake, to ignore an airport like TOCUMEN?

AS I SAID BEFORE: I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON AND A GOOD EXPLANATION FOR LEAVING THIS AIRPORT OUT! CAUSE I’M VERY ■■■■■■ RIGHT NOW!!!

2 Likes

Jeez dude… Go see a therapist about your anger issues. Do you really think all-caps text and demanding a reason is going to get you what you want? Maybe it works with your parents but to everyone else it degrades from your actual issue and makes people not want to help you.

Are you aware that Asobo is a French company?

Calm down and file a Zendesk ticket about it. I would be willing to bet it’ll be in the game by the end of the year. Software is hard. Bugs exist. This kind of post/attitude is uncalled for.

4 Likes

The airports require Bing data for generation and if you look at Tocumen its covered in cloud so I guess whatever system they use was unable to extract the data necessary to generate an airport.

Fortunately there is a very good overhead image in Google maps so perhaps somebody will use that to produce the airport. Its certainly a big enough airport to warrant some attention.

haha you seem very ■■■■■■ right now (how is ■■■■■■ not censored, i cant even say bloody).

You seem very personally offended by this UNBELIVABLE exclusion! I think you should get an immediate refund and return to Xplane, I’m with ya man!!

-EDIT- yey bloody worked!

1 Like

This. This is why.

On a side note. I wonder if the data for missing airports exists in the game as a lump sum of data pulled from navblue. Someone should fly around it with 127.7 and 110.7 tuned to see if they get atis or ils info.

2 Likes

Panamanians need to be more responsible for clearing off their clouds when satellites go over…

Invest in some big fans… or something for crying out loud!

3 Likes

This is super toxic and unproductive. With a little patience (probably the next patch) or a fix from a 3rd party which will no doubt come soon, you could no doubt find a fix. But the all caps letters suggest they could do without your business.

1 Like

Congratulations! You found one of the few airports that failed to make the cut. As another poster said, report via Zendesk. Good to share frustration, but dial it down.

1 Like

Yes, is a shame, im from Costa Rica.
I give you this one freeware, not complete due a SDK
https://mega.nz/file/spkTAKzR#SnZJsyezsZ_2aialgptM9m70O-KYODeudUdcKti8zu0
But, is better than no one.

1 Like

Woah! Post-posting censorship… I saw the P word in both the OP and your comment… but now it’s censored! Weird.

:expressionless: the mods work fast!! ■■■■■■.

-EDIT- It actually is!!

Hahah how was my comment joking about Panamanians being ignorant flagged as inappropriate but the OP gets away with calling Americans ignorant!!

1 Like

This thread is nuts.

3 Likes

What can I say, you inspired me… I checked the censored word list and while variations of that word were there, the word you used was not which seems like an omission that has since been corrected.

6 Likes

Multiple posts within this thread, including the opening post, are in violation of the community standards outlined in the Code of Conduct, and as such, I am not prepared to let this topic continue.

If the topic author wants to try again, please feel free, however, the post should be in #self-service:bugs-issues and all posts must conform with the Code of Conduct. If you wish to officially report a missing airport then please file a bug report on Zendesk: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thread closed.

5 Likes