Does this career mode add-on exists?

I’ve tried several add-ons lately to make the MSFS experience even better, including SLC, PACX, OnAir, etc. None of these meet my criteria for the ideal career mode add-on:

1. An aviation career ladder mode (starting small with almost no assets and with flight training - then PPL-A, instrument rating, CPL, ATP, etc.)

2. Ability to buy, rent and sell aircrafts

3. Random failures, but still realistic when it comes to probability etc.

4. A simple income/expenses calculation based on the quality of the flights completed

5. Company reputation based on safety, precision etc

6. Full support of increased sim rate

7. Flight reports with flight information, fuel costs, flight time, passenger satisfaction, landing, g-forces, overspeeding (250 kt. limit), etc.

8. No ability to cheat (change of weather, fuel load, etc during flight).

Does this exist? Maybe I have overlooked something in the add-ons listed above?

Thank you all!

I don’t think so, and number 1, the training and certification part, might be way too difficult for devs like Onair to code. Keep an eye out for FSFlyingSchool. Their devs said they are making something for MSFS http://www.fsflyingschool.com/

4 Likes

Maybe what you are looking for is FSPassengers. why not ask them on their website directly?

You may want to look at fseconomy. It’s a free network, you start with nothing and have to rent a small airplane first, so some flying jobs, earn money… at some point you have enough for your own aircraft, which costs you in terms of fuel and maintenance. You can also buy from other players who decide to sell theirs, but this can be anywhere in the world. You cannot just spawn anywhere and fly, you can only fly your aircraft out where you left it. It’s not a career mode per se, but pretty close and it’s free. And pretty realistic.

Thanks, and I’m actually aware of this (used on back in the FSX days), but it seems like the developer is no longer working on this software.

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

If you are willing to pay, take a look at OnAir. It doesnt have everything you asked for but a lot of it. I use it, I like it.

Thanks for the kind words!

We’ve just released FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

There’s a free demo if you wish to try before you buy :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you dev! Looking into it right now. I’ve been wanting this ever since MSFS was released! Thank you

2 Likes