Dominant eye and mouse cursor position

Interesting, I’ve had some problems with my Quest getting the center position right, I had to redo the whole guardian playspace setup to get it working. If you are too far to the left, bind left right arrow keys to translate cockpit camera left/right and you can scootch over. I found this to be better than the centering function.

The centering function seems to work a lot better with WMR headsets, I got my G2 yesterday and the camer centering shortcut works as it should.

What headset have you got?

Hi @Aviatorix I do actually use the G2 so yeah, maybe I’m doing something wrong but when I hit space I definately am lined up with the right eye if I’m in a plane with the yoke in the center. I’m left eye dominant so of course to see this I have to close my left eye and the yoke is then dead center but when I use both eyes I’m slightly off to the left.

1 Like

Hmm, maybe it lines up the right eye for head position but uses the left eye for mouse cursor lineup. Which would be a strange choice, mayvbe the VR dev is left eye dominant and never noticed the mouse issue :wink:

2 Likes

@Aviatorix you are right! Mouse cursor / floating windows uses the left eye but the head postion / reset is using the right eye as the coordinate base. Very bizzare, not a massive issue and I can see why they would choose a left or right eye but ideally they should have stuck with one eye and better still determine the true center position between both eyes in VR.

2 Likes

Well, I have poor vision in my right eye so maybe that’s why I haven’t noticed this effect, I would hate for this to change, maybe as originally suggested, give us the option as to which eye we prefer to use for this.

1 Like

I’ve notice this as well. It is a lot more prounounced on planes with the G3X, so I think part of it is how the mouse pointer interacts with the underlying cockpit. It does not seem to be a problem for the windows from the toolbar.

I agree that a simple solution would be a selector to tell the sim to use the left or right eye.

This bug results probably from the mouse cursor not being at the same plane as the cockpit behind it in the 3d space.

2 Likes

Fix this please. Super annoying…

5 Likes

This just showed up for me. Working fine since VR release… then yesterday this “double-mouse/pointer-arrow” issue arose. (1) issue is only when focusing on object near (e.g. G1000/3000 directly in front of you… if you look down at floor double-mouse arrow converges to just one, and (2) right-click no longer works; doesn’t bring dash any closer… ???

1 Like

No in the toolbar windows the mouse has the same z-coordinate (depth) as the window - seemingly. So there is no difference between the eyes.

The MB-339 has the same issue. It’s a known bug for this plane as the cursor does not properly “follows” the cockpit surface.
Extremely annoying.

Same here… Just showed up yesterday 2/25/21, had been working perfectly since VR release.

Just to add something to the discussion, but I only get this problem with third party aircraft (Indiafoxtecho MB339, SSW Fiat G.91, AT Simulations P.149, FlyingIron Spitfire have all had this problem). Default aircraft work perfectly for me, where I can see one cursor and click on everything accurately. The third party addons all appear to have the double cursor, and require me to close my right eye to line the cursor up with the switches. I’m wondering if there’s anything that the developers need to incorporate into the model or one of the configs for the cursor to essentially ‘line up with itself’ with both eyes open, and in the correct position in the cockpit/screen? Does the cursor need to be disabled in the right eye, and is this how they do it for the default aircraft?

2 Likes

I only have official planes and they all use the left eye as reference.
Took me a while to figure it out, but now I just close my right eye when using the mouse and everything’s fine :smiley:

2 Likes

In my opinion it would be great if they had an option to choose the dominant eye and / or select to see that pointer on both versus just with the dominant eye …

2 Likes

I see this problem only on 3rd Party planes. Just Flight PA28R has this issue as well. No problem at all for example in Asobo TBM. Unless Asobo is using right eye and 3er party left eye? I dont know but is a very annoying issue.

I find that all planes have this issue; the JustFlight PA28 has it more evident but there is something inherently wrong with mouse management in VR. I use DCS all the time and I do not have any problems at all clicking on items inside the cockipt, even small ones; the same task is a nightmare in FS 2020 and results in unnecessary headaches. This is the most prominent problem with FS2020 Vr for me right now.

3 Likes

The issue comes from the fact that the mouse cursor is further or closer than what you’re trying to select which makes everything super weird.

1 Like

I just got my first VR, (Quest 2), first off, it’s incredible flying in VR.

I’m glad I came across this thread, I thought I was going nuts, having to close my right eye to use the mouse cursor on any button/knob.

Sure hope they fix this, or we get a work around.

1 Like

Well, this is very strange.
I have all planes from the Standard MSFS package plus two jets from Indiafoxtecho and the Asobo Top Rudder 103. None of them has this issue anymore - I say anymore because the original Indiafoxtecho planes version had it because of incorrect surface definition in the cockpit.

I use WMR on a Lenovo Explorer.

1 Like