Dominant eye and mouse cursor position

That poor vision has probably made you left dominant, which is great :slight_smile: I mean it’s a great thing that the brain uses the best eye it has. As for me, it’s the other way around. So Imagine you have to close your good eye every time you need to click a precise position in the cockpit. It’s annoying for a person with full vision in both eyes, and extremely annoying for someone with a bad left eye. I really hope they make a selection for this.

Yes, it’s because of the parallax. However, this means that we have two possibilities of where the pointer “is” or rather what is behind the pointer on the screen, either the left eye or the right eye (see the pic in my original post) and for almost 70% of the users the brain assumes what is seen by the right eye is correct. But the sim assumes what is seen by the left eye is correct. - Which means for 70% of the users the mouse position is offset from what it seems to be and finding tight clickspots is challenging.

Again, I don’t know how x-plane does it but it has none of these issues. It just works.

The cursor must be just on top of the button not 2-3cm above it. If the cursor is at the same plane as the button, the there is no paralax.

Yep that’s true. Maybe that’s how Xplane does it.

I’ve just started to get this for no reason I can understand, reinstalled MSFS and the issue has gone away

1 Like

I did the same to fix the issue.

1 Like

Really? Wow! That’s so strange. What version are you on now? I’m on the 8 beta and I still get it.

I’m not on the beta, 1.22.2.0, I’m new to VR with a new pc so didn’t want to complicate things.

1 Like

Has anyone found a solution to this? It’s still present in sim update 9

This is an issue still…