Don’t buy RTX 3090

What are your settings? I have the same specs as you.
Also what are you Nvidia control panel settings?

i7 10700non-K @4.6 GHz all cores
32GB @2933 CL15
RTX3080
4K Ultra preset

I get enormous micro stutters, especially in cockpits of airliners.
If playing multiplayer with number of ppl, the fps goes horrible…

In a cockpit, the fps counter shows 30+ fps, however it feels like 20 ish due to the micro stuttering.

Whose fault? Asobo’s, look at their portfolios, like see what games or projects they completed before developing MSFS, don’t be surprised btw :slight_smile:

Sorry, but that’s just wrong

I don’t get stutters or micro anything. Here are my nvidia control panel settings, system etc

EDIT - try turning off multiplayer if you have it. Fixes most people’s FPS problems…

We’re talking about the 3 series cards. I don’t think they’re optimized for the sim yet. I’m not worried about the frames since I get a decent number, I’m talking about the micro-stutters. @gordongreig

Running on a G-sync monitor.
Frames set on 40 on Nvidia Control Panel
V-sync set to ON in Nvidia Control
Multiplayer/AI : OFF

Edit: I had a 2080 super and it was running smooth like butter. Regret upgrading.

I’m experiencing the same issue like you. Glad I’m not the only one. I was getting worried that something was wrong on my end for these micro stuttering to be happening.

try turning off G-Sync tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Why would I do that? @LoVeHedgehog777

Don’t worry, no matter what computer is configured, MSFS2020 will have a short-term stuttering phenomenon. The main reason is that the processing of data after downloading is not timely, and the short-term interruption of graphics card rendering. This is a problem with the design of MSFS2020. I have complained many times, but it is useless, and has attracted all kinds of abuse and sarcasm.

1 Like

Point taken on the 3000 series.

Try turning off the frame limiter though - on my 2080S limiting frames makes it a slideshow for some reason

Can you explian more? Why is downloading data processing impacting on rendering?

EDIT- I’m asking because I don’t have stuttering - so the issue doesn’t apply to all PCs as your post suggests

[caution, we are off topic perhaps]

Maybe the definition and feeling of stuttering we are talking about is different. It may be acceptable to you, or you cannot feel it, but we are very sensitive. In the following video, you can see if you can see any stuttering phenomenon, at least I have felt it a few times, because it is too smooth after all.

Will try that right now. I don’t think it’ll change anything because I had it turned off to begin with.

It depends on the CPU bottleneck issue. I have similar problems. Can’t say strictly as “do or dont” but especially GLASS COCKPIT planes wont give the expected butter smooth experience with only powerful GPU’s. Hope to see better results wth CPU related optimizations.

Turn off the vertical synchronization, remove the frame limit, the problem of stuttering will be quite obvious, which has been discussed at the end of September.

What is stuttering? In an environment with an average of 60fps, it suddenly drops to 45fps and recovers within 0.5 seconds. In an environment where the target moves, stuttering will occur. Suddenly drop to 45fps every once in a while, stuttering will be found during the approach, turn, and transfer. Note that it depends on the target you move.

Yeah might as well turned them off since the stuttering will be there no matter what.
Everything else above 10,000ft, it runs smooth like butter. Below that, forget it.

Really upset that a high end PC is not even worth having with the crappy optimizations Asobo has on this sim

1 Like

I really dare not mention the word optimizations on this forum, otherwise I will be killed by some high-level PC hardware users who are happy flying at 20fps. lol

OK, so I’ve only watched the first 4 minutes or so (supposed to be working today :grin:)

I saw tiny stutter at 2:00 and 4:00 - other than that, it looked smooth to me. I’m watching on 1440, so that shouldn’t impact anything. Is that what you are seeing too?

What is interesting is that the stutters are exactly 2 mins apart. So, just a long shot, can just check what interval your desktop background is set to change at? On 4K, when the desktop background changes it can cause a stutter. I don’t see it on 2K, but if it is set on 1m, then try turning that off for a bit.

Also do you get the stutters when not recording? Recording for me definitely has a performance impact and does introduce stutters.

You’re probably going to tell me that there are a million stutters I missed. But, to my eye, this is way more than playable. Looks beautiful to me.

LOL seems like you got a taste of the pie
I came across that as well. Cheers.

See this post re keeping vsync on in control panel and off in game if you have a gsync monitor. This surprised me and is not what the perceived internet wisdom (such as it is) wiuld suggest: