Download infinite loop

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox .
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store
Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
NO
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO
Brief description of the issue:
File install keeps looping and downloading/installing the same file over and over. 0% progress shown at the bottom of the screen.

Due to so many CTD’s I thought it might be a good idea to do a fresh install of MSFS. The uninstall was fine but the files keep looping during the new install. I’ve tried a whole range of things. Nothing works. I’m now unable to install MSFS again.

I agree too. It seems, nobody is working on this issue.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The team is currently investigating.

1 Like

I believe so, as it happens on the XBox Series X as well, where no 3rd party AV or anything could interfere. I opened a support ticket a bit ago (right before the staff replied saying they are aware), because I couldn’t find the ‘new post’ button nor this thread when I was searching. But at least they are now aware of it.

Please let us know when there is a solution…this is very frustrating!

MS just made an announcement that they are aware of the issue and working on it.

[KNOWN ISSUE] Download loops - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thanks. Good news that you are working on it. I would advice Asobo/Microsoft to make future updates not longer a mandatory. Now you are forced to run an update that doesnt work and than you cant play at all. Not even the older version. So far I spend many hours in Flight Simulators and didnt have a single issue with the game itself, but a lot of trouble with updating. The updates itself are a much bigger problem than the problems they were supposed to solve.

1 Like

Tried to update to WU6 on MS store/PC, and can’t because of the loop.

Your same problem, Steam had canceled me the content of the Official folder, started reinstalling 52 hours to download 30 GB… and now it is stopped in loops on the Kingair350. The asobo servers suck, I downloaded AC4 from Ubisoft in 60 minutes and are 40GB

ah well, at least an answer from MS. Late better than never. This installer is a nightmare.

In 25 years of computer gaming I’ve never had so much trouble with a single sofware. Had to reinstall windows only 2 times: one was a virus ten years ago, and now this…thing.

4 Likes

This issue should now be solved - working now for me, albeit rather slow (30mbit/s on a 500mbit/s connection)

Seems to be working for me as well

me too. Fingers crossed…

Same here on Xbox. I assume the servers are stressed from everyone hammering them able to actually get files, plus maybe since they didn’t announce it as fixed yet, they may still be stress testing it. At least it works now as I was concerned with NVMe write cycles and it wasting them on my new Xbox (even though in reality it probably didn’t do much at all, I get paranoid over flash memory).

Appears to be fine here too. Hopefully it stays this way!

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Happy flying!

For me it is working too. Thanks to whom it solve the problem!!

Anyone else have there’s crash at about 18gb downloaded?

When I relaunched the game it was then stuck on checking for updates for 30 minutes so I reinstalled and now downloading again.

1 Like

I just tried mine again and still stuck trying to download. 350Mbits pipe on my end and Speedtest verified, but nothing from Microsoft on the mandatory game update. Very frustrating…….

Download is running fine now. At 8X.XX Mbits

1 Like

Are you at a point where it says there’s an update but you can’t seem to see / find it?

If that’s what you’re seeing you need to download and install the Xbox app from the MS Store. It’s required for this update.