Download Loop-Install Issues Still Present When Reinstalling Sim

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

1.19.8.0:

Game Pass

No, it has been Zendesked to death and has not been addressed in over a year?

It is in my opinion, disgraceful that this developer has not addressed the core issues surrounding installation and download loops. I jumped on this sim when it launched and had the SAME ISSUES with the download loop. I thought I would give it another try after a year, bough a one month game pass and installed with NO ISSUES. Ran the sim for a week and tried to install some liveries which was giving me an error about the file name being too long, as the default install directory has a massive file name. I tried to reinstall to a new folder and now Iā€™m in the infinite download looop. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A SOLUTION TO THIS! IT IS UNACCEPTABLE!

#PC Steam here.

Iā€™m having the same problem. I tried to get the free world update from earlier in the year for Japan. The download kept failing in the content manager. So I uninstalled the game, manually deleted any file or folder that was left over from the install, both in the steam folder and app data folders. Then I tried to reinstall. Now Iā€™m stuck at the installation manager with it looping on the first file.

Install path C:\Users\mrjer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages

What I have tried to do so far:

• Uninstall game and reinstall
  • Reboot multiple times including in-between uninstall and reinstall
  • Stop the Sim and delete the file it stuck trying to download. (asobo-flight-tutorials-newlanding-0.1.15.fspackage) Itā€™s this same file every time also.
  • Tried to install in a different location and different drive
  • Check for Windows updates and update GPU drivers

My PC Specs are:
Window 10
32 GB Memory
GPU nvidia 2070
1TB nvme drive
2 TB SATA x2
5 TB SATA

MS is aware and just made an announcement about it and are working on it.

[KNOWN ISSUE] Download loops - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Great, thanks!

1 Like

One way around that is to install the sim to a non-default folder. For me that is right at the root of my D drive.

Thank god they acknowledged it at least. Wonder how long itā€™ll take to fix?

Wow, thank you.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was attempting to do, at first I thought renaming the packages directory would save it from the uninstall, but apparently the uninstall just wipes the folder. So I had to reinstall and tried to go to the root folder but now Iā€™m in the loop hahaha. But this issue was the exact same issue I had last year at launch. The initial install froze, and when I uninstalled and retried it went into the download loop. It feels like to me it has to do with permissions and the bloated way that the Microsoft Store operates and locks files behind hidden system folders.

#PC Steam here as well.

Iā€™m having this issue as well. Plenty of space on my dedicated SSD though. When I first tried to update my current install, it kept getting to around 8GB of download then it fails and starts all over again. Completely removed and attempted to reinstall, and itā€™s doing that loop again! It gets to around 6-8GB than resets. Iā€™m going to use up ALL of my allotted ISP data doing thisā€¦

Will MS/Asobo fix this?

#PC #Steam
I have had this issue since July when WU 5 came out, with the XBOX hoopla around it.
I have uninstalled, rebooted, run on empty PC, multiple attempts.
I do go through a download loop, but in my case, I get exactly zero bytes downloaded every time.
I see the loop because the download status bar flashes about every 200 seconds.
After 3 x 200 second loops, I then get a popup, in red, which lasts for 5 seconds (you canā€™t see it unless you are glued to the screen for 10 minutes or so).
The popup says ā€œAuthentication server is unreachableā€, then pop-up disappears and the ā€˜standardā€™ MSFS window say ā€œConnection lostā€.
I have reported this to Zendesk 3 times, they have sent me multiple check-lists, all of which I have re-run multiple times.
Then to add insult to injury, my Zendesk support requests show as ā€œSolvedā€.
No more comments allowed, so I have to make a new request, referring to the previous request numbers.
I get a new check-list (similar to the others) and bingo! - my support request is marked as ā€œSolvedā€.
I am at witā€™s end here - MSFS worked beautifully for me since day 1 over a year ago, then along comes XBOX in WU 5 (I believe) and now nothing has changed for 3 months now.
I have missed out on 2 World Updates and 2 Sim Updates.
Getting ready to sell off my controllers - even if it does ever work again, I will have to relearn to fly - was just getting into IFR, now all is forgotten :frowning:

Hi!

I have this same issue. The file that my installation client (steam) get stuck on is microsoft-airport-lsza-lugano-0.9.2.fspackage.002.part.

I have tried a lot of suggested solutions, including:

• Deleting the file and start over (with and without rebooting)
  • Roll back nvidia drivers
  • Slow down internet connection speed for msfs
  • Turning of windows defender and all the other firewall / anti virus that is included in windows (i donā€™t have another one)
  • setting max fps in installer to 30.

Nothing is working. How do i get around this issue? I have 140+ hours in the game now, but really only like 5-8 hrs of actual gameplay (i used to have a working copy installed, but after the latest update to the game i can not install it).

1 Like

Additionally i have also tried every soulution in the ā€œAll versions - Packages installation & decompressing issues - Basic troubleshootingā€ , but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Would be lovely to be able to play this game.

Your flight hours sounds like mine. I have basically owned this sim for 4 weeks now and have not been able to complete one 300 NM flight from Memphis Tennessee to New Orleans. I know itā€™s not my computer. This is starting to remind me of why I quit playing Microsoft Flight Sims years ago and went to X Plane 11. All I get is crashes to Desktop, lock ups, constant reinstalls, etcā€¦ To me MSFS 2020 is basically a glorified knockoff version of the failed Microsoft Flight.

Can we get some official support over here?

Hi @SoleDwarf167831,

I bought the FS on saturday and since that, Iā€™m trying to insall it.
I tried pretty much every solutions already mentionned in faqs, forums, and youtube videosā€¦ Nothing works.

The downloader stops at 58% of the loading of microsoft-airport-lsza-lugano-0.9.2.fspackage.002, like you said.

Did you find any solution?

Have a good day.

You could try shutting the sim down, then deleting any of those .00* packages, then re-launch the sim. It will force the sim to re-download that package again. It may not fix it, but it would at least illustrate if itā€™s a repeatable problem.

With installation via Steam, I tried a lot of solutions. Systematicaly, the downloading stops at 58% of the microsoft-airport-lsza-lugano-0.9.2.fspackage.002.

I asked Steam for my money back (thanks to them) and I tried to buy it on the xbox application for PC.

Result is the sameā€¦ 58% of the microsoft-airport-lsza-lugano-0.9.2.fspackage.002.

If I delete the file and start again the installation ā†’ always the same.

I would only know if the problem comes from their servers and files. If so, no worries, there will be a correction and I can wait :slight_smile:

It must be one of those packages that downloads a base version, then several patches on top of that, because for me that airport is a newer version that that file you showed:

{
  "dependencies": [],
  "content_type": "SCENERY",
  "title": "LSZA - Lugano Airport",
  "manufacturer": "",
  "creator": "Microsoft",
  "package_version": "0.9.6",
  "minimum_game_version": "1.21.11",
  "release_notes": {
    "neutral": {
      "LastUpdate": "",
      "OlderHistory": ""
    }
  },
  "total_package_size": "00000000001780824821"
}

Probably yes.

I opened a ticket on Zendesk. I encourage everyone having such a problem to do so. Hopefully this could help the team to gather some informations (Windows build, ā€¦) and help them correcting the problem.