Download of Mandatory Update Extremely Slow - 0.01 Mbits!

Hej Hester, Thanks for trying to help out, but i have completely wiped out my MSFS with all folders after trying updates ect. But when trying a fresh install the problems with 0,01 Mbits remains (via the MS store) I have the new Xbox app installed as well, but it is a waste of our time, the problem is Asobo/MS server related for sure, had never had any problems before !.

There appears to be some issue with the servers right now. Iā€™m guessing here, but there were some server outages past few days so it may be some of the cause.

Weā€™ve escalated this to the Community Managers for investigation.

4 Likes

Itā€™s unacceptable that a company of your size, with all the resources available, and at the price point you charged for this game, to have all of these issues. Why did the game install fine on initial load, but I had to reinstall and now it wonā€™t get passed the download of the first file. UNACCEPTABLE AND CRIMINAL.

3 Likes

It really is getting beyond farcical with this whole update process of MSFS. I really donā€™t understand why they just canā€™t use the update function in Steam like LITERALLY everyone else. It would have been fine had they developed a better solution by themselves, but it is so far from being good that it is laughable. I have 750-ish hours logged in Steam, and well over half of this is just trying to update this thing.

Just the fact that someone suggests that you need to limit your download speed or use a paid VPN service really says it all of the quality of the updater.

It really is a shame, because the game itself is so very, VERY good.

2 Likes

Asobo should have the basic courtesy of pinging peope about this out-rage. Rathering than adding new features every month and breaking the game, try to fix the existing gameā€¦ (mic drop)

1 Like

Thanks for looking in to this problem, I hope there is a solution soon. Is there a difference between the Steam version and the Microsoft store version of the installation manager or are the equal?

The issue is repeatable and has been present since launch. This is an issue with Asoboā€™s launcher and the way it pulls data from the server. Theyā€™ve known about this for over a year and have done NOTHING to address it. NOTHING.

3 Likes

Keep posts constructive and on-topic of MSFS per the forum Code of Conduct.

1 Like

Sir, kindly ping everyone on the forum and on Discord when the server is up.

A banner was just posted on the forum. Announcements will be made from there.

I guess this is the main game, and no UPDATES to it out today for the bugs. Servers are taxed, among other things maybe going on. Distribance in the force?

Are we talking about a new update here or just the latest WU6?

WU6. Thereā€™s an issue with the content servers causing extremely slow downloads and looping. They are currently investigating.

2 Likes

Yesterday I couldnā€™t get on because of the servers. Now today things are messed up again. I really wish MS would give us a choice for a refund. I am really sick of this. Back to FS9 again today. It actually works. Even offline.

Will microsoft pay for extra bandwidth charges. $20 extra last month, who knows how much this month. I have had to reinstall the mandatory updates 3 times this I month. And twice last month. 131gb each time then download all world updates. Not a fun experience when you pop in to play a game and you are forced to update, then the updates dont work due to bandwidth issues on the Microsoft/Asobo sideā€¦. :frowning:

Hi @TwinklyBacon783,
Could you check to see if this is working now?

Or anyone else check? @XPLANE7878427

1 Like

Mine is working, but slow 20 Mbits on 350 Mbit pipe. Atleast it is moving. Thx

1 Like

Thank you! We did get a message it was solved but I want to make sure for all before an announcement goes public.

If anyone can also confirm, that would be great. Please reply to my post so I get a notification.

Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the same problem for over 36 hours. I have the Xbox Game pass. Suddenly without having done anything, the download started and itā€™s been 1 hour and it continues. I think it will be a problem of data transfer data from the servers and not the pc. I hope it makes it to the end without any further problems.

1 Like