Download Options: Installation Manager Intermittently Locked - Sim is Attempting to re-Download 7Gb+ of data that I already installed (twice)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes, I tried with and without using clean re-starts of the pc and no difference. I DO normally use MSFS Addon Linker because my meagre 500GB SSD needs the help of a 2TB HDD to store the carefully curated scenery files - but as mentioned, I’ve tried with and without that. My sneaky feeling is this may be an issue ? It simply never happened - ever - before today.

Brief description of the issue:

The installation manager screen keeps forcing me to download various files intermittently. Sometimes the un-check option is there (ie un-check the deluxe & premium boxes > then load the sim) - but when the sim loads then the content manager doesn’t recognise the files are there even if they ARE and WORKING, other times from a clean boot sequence the install manager padlocks the deluxe and premium ‘boxes’ forcing a download up-front - even if those files have all been patched AND VERIFIED AS RUNNING CORRECTLY IN THE SIM - that’s the weird bit ! They down-loaded perfectly the first time so it’s a downloader file checking error, no doubt. The sim will not commence the boot-up sequence without re-downloading the 7-8Gb files yet again.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Installation Manager > Select additional content you want to install (except the option is padlocked)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

clean boot of pc, win 10, launch msfs, no option to un-check update of files repeatedly downloaded and installed (and verified as correctly installed too).

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

all win software, drivers etc are 100% up-to-date.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7 / 3070 / 16Gb

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Sept 30th 2023

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @wanchaibanzai,
There was an issue with the servers causing various problems. You may wish to read this topic: