Dropdown lists for changing aircraft and controller profiles

I have several Controller profiles created for my Honeycomb Bravo for various aircraft configs. Today I have to click the left/right arrow, which loads each profile selected, until I land on the profile I want. Sometimes this creates loading lags with the spinny cursor. If enabling a drop down to by-pass this to immediately select the intended profile.

Or how about locally stored controller profiles, so no loading lag whilst it pulls them from the cloud? And how about being able to rename, delete or share profiles?

2 Likes

Can we please have a drop down menu for peripheral profile selections. I have many profiles and it takes a long time to select the one I want.

On the note of drop downs, the drop down menu to select departure point in the world map would be much more user friendly if it was responsive to the content it’s displaying instead of being a fixed size (too small).

In general would love to see the UI overhauled with a philosophy of allowing the user to achieve as much as possible in as few clicks as possible. Bonus would be giving users the option to disable the background graphics in the main menu.

Thanks

3 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

I am with you, that can’t be difficult…

Also worth looking at this wishlist request, which would improve this further:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ability-to-have-separate-control-setups-for-each-aircraft-without-having-to-manually-switch-between-20-controller-profiles/267419?u=gordongreig

3 Likes

I think that would be great, but the first step should to have drop-down list to make selection of aircraft easyer

1 Like

Been meaning to request this for a while. Voted.

1 Like

Agree with this feature request together with a stronger filtering ability which would allow single prop vs twin prop vs more props vs helico vs single jet vs twin jet vs more jet engines …

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

I find it so annoying as I go to select my controls for my throttle as I keep adding more and more for each aircraft. I thought about it and think that instead of going one by one, having a list drop-down when you click it. Just an idea

3 Likes

Implementing this would change my life.

2 Likes

Suggestions for improving the selection process of controllers profiles when switching aircraft:
Replace the Right/ Left arrows which are currently used to select a specific profile, with a drop-down list. It is currently annoying to select a profile when you have multiple profiles to go through until you find your target.

Another vote from me for this very feature request.

Was halfway through making my own post when I noticed this one. Would be a really nice QoL improvement and really shouldn’t be an issue to implement.

Many simmers have a lot of hardware and we need to configure that hardware differently for each plane, some are jets some are not, some have mixture controls some not, some have 1 engine, some 2, some 4.

The combination of many planes and a lot of hardware is a big pain today in MSFS, if we create profiles for each plane and device then when switching planes we have to select the profile for that plane in each of our devices.

My request is very small: Change the way to select a profile to a dropdown menu, in this way we can select a profile for a device without clicking the arrows n times until we reach the desired profile.

There is really no advantage in terms of UI using the arrows, if there are a lot of profiles just add a scrollbar to the dropdown.

Related to this: Ability to have separate control setups for each aircraft without having to manually switch between 20+ controller profiles?
But a lot easier to develop and would improve things substantially.

1 Like

Having a dropdown list would improve that UX a lot, but it still doesn’t solve the fundamental issue of per aircraft profiles per device and auto switching.

I’m working on a solution to this here: Aircraft Manager Pro + Location Manager Pro now available - #16 by Sonicviz

Also cross posted to Ability to have separate control setups for each aircraft without having to manually switch between 20+ controller profiles? - #334 by Sonicviz

It’s actually not that simple, given the dynamic nature of device setups and numbers of planes people are now accumulating, but I’m working through it step by step. There’s a lot of potential edge cases, and I’m sure a bunch of unknown ones will pop up.

Early alpha (unreleased) atm. Stay tuned!

At list, the controllers, I have 4 controllers in addition to mouse and keyboard; to avoid issues, I set a new controller profile for each type of aircraft. I have at least 6 aircraft, so each controller has hidden 6 or 7 profiles.

Any time I change the aircraft I have to go to each controller and click until the correct profile shows up, could be the first, could be the 7th, and that times 4 (4 controllers) Really??? That was never Microsoft where minimizing the number of clicks has always been a user friendly must.

And by the way, a drop down menu is the mos basic programming feature we can imagine, here since windows 95!!!

Thank you

Yes, it’s a pain and afaik they are looking into it. But wen fix, who no?

In the meantime, I released Aircraft Control Presets recently as part of Aircraft Manager Pro , which lets you automatically switch device control presets on a per aircraft basis:

Yes, it has dropdown lists too :call_me_hand:

Hi, indeed. There are a lot of things we may wish, many dependant on taste, but a few are just basic common IT sense… reinventing the wheel is not innovation… I said soon after release of MSFS: best simulator ever, worse quality ever… what a pity… I’ll give your tool a go, thanks

Kano

It would be nice if this part could be dropdown menus instead of scrolling menus. It takes forever to scroll thru all my options. Even if there were a search bar that would be great too!

Thanks.

1 Like