Dropping FPS when moving panels to a second screen

I noticed that moving panels outside the main flight screen to a second screen causes a high loss of FPS. I tested here and I have 45+ FPS on 2560x1440. That’s fine. Adding some panels does not impact this, or at least barely (2 FPS). When moving these panels to a second screen as normal windows, the FPS drops to 33 FPS! Does anyone encounter the same issue? It makes a lot of difference flying. It is easily reproducible by opening some panels and moving them out of the main screen. It also makes difference running the main screen in windows mode or full desktop (2 FPS).

1 Like

Same here. My FPS halves. But I am limiting FPS in my nividia driver to 60. So maybe that’s the reason. I didn’t try yet.

Weird. No issue here, I popped two G1000 panels out, one with a weather map and the other is my PFD.

Yes, detaching panels and moving them to a second screen cause significant fps drop for me too.

@Angernerve: I have my flight screen on my second larger monitor and the panels out on my laptop screen. That might cause the difference? At least it is strange and reproducible.

Yeah, same for me unfortunately. I read somewhere it’s got something to do with different monitor refresh rates. But I’m not a techy, don’t know if there’s something to it.
I do have two monitors, one 144hz, the other only 60hz, so maybe.

I have the same, but the panels are on the high 144hz laptop screen. So I would expect it not to have any impact. I will investigate further. I created a ticket on the Zendesk support for it.

I also see a significant drop in frames when I move panels to a second monitor. I pretty much gave up on using the GTC on a touch screen until that’s addressed.

1 Like

How to do you do this? I only know about popping VFR map out.

Hover your mouse over an instrument and hold right alt key. Then left click

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/frame-rates-drop-significantly-with-pfd-mfd-undocked/254516

Is it possible to get the Atc windows moved to the second screen?
If so how.
In FSx you’d just drag the window. Doesn’t work with 2020.

Click on undock on the top bar of the window. Then drag it to where you want

Hmmm, so easy, Thanks!
Now if I could only find a manual…

Let me know when you find it - I’m still looking!

This is consistent with my experience. I get about a 5 fps drop for every window I break out to a second screen.

Latest patch/update from last week solves the issue. No more FPS drop when moving any of the popups to a second screen.

I beg to differ.

No not really. Still the same

Definitely still the same issue here. I really hope they can get this one fixed, but not holding my breath.