Drzewiecki Design Just Released Chicago Landmarks

It does work but with a caveat. You need to fly out of airports that are not too near Chicago.
For example I flew out of Waukegan National, which is north of Chicago half way to Milwaukee. After that it works great. I landed at O’Hare with no issues.

I’m on Xbox Series X

2 Likes

Wondering if the Drzewiecki Design Chicago mod is causing problems with the new 40th Anniversary Meigs not displaying correctly?

1 Like

It does for me….Meigs is underwater……In the past, you could adjust the priority of scenery level but we can’t do that anymore. I don’t know what to do now…

I uninstalled the DD Chicago scenery from OrbxCentral, and made a post on thier forums requested it gets fixed to be compatible with the new Meigs.

1 Like

You can adjust priority. I’ve done it with a few problematic airports. But I’m not at home right now so can’t test. Should be able to test in a few hours after this post and I’ll let you know how to set it up (if it even works).

1 Like

EDIT: After a restart, this doesn’t seem to work anymore, not sure why… still working on it.
EDIT2: After the addon was moved to the bottom, the restart seemed to put it back in the middle of the list. Trying some more things.

FINAL EDIT: Ok so it seems when MSFS starts, it scans the Offical folder and sorts it, then scans the Community and sorts it for the content.xml priorities. Even though in-sim the sorting works properly, restarting the sim puts all MS/Asobo content before Community content. So, you will have to manually reset the order after every sim restart to get this to work.

Below is from my original post - only works in-sim, after restart it will reset

OK I got it to work! Asobo Meigs with DD Chicago!! Woo Hoo!!

• From the main menu, click on the Options tab/button
  • From the next sub-menu, select General Options
  • Then click the Experimental button
  • Find the line item that says “Package Reorder Tool” and change it to ON
  • At this point, a new window will pop up with a list of all the addons you have installed.
  • Locate the “microsoft-airport-kcgx-meigs-field” package and click the DOWN arrow once to move the Asobo Meigs addon to the BOTTOM of the list
  • When that’s done the bottom of your list will look like this with the Meigs addon having a “1” to the left (the lines above Meigs might be different):

• Close the window that popped up, and go back to the main menu. You’ll be prompted to save, click Yes.
  • FLY!!

3 Likes

Maybe not the correct place, but please allow this quick question: How does Asobos Meigs compare to the other (excellent!) payware Meigs?

Hope they tweak this to lower the priority of the once-mighty-Meigs-now-marshland on XB.

1 Like

Make sure to install the core library first

Same here on xbox any solution for this?

From the DD Support Forum Chicago thread:

“It’s on to-do list and we will try to exclude this area from our product, but it will not be done in the very short term. Till then you need to use this workaround.”

(Workaround = uninstalling Chicago Landmarks in the content manager if you want to fly out of Meigs)

Any update on this Chicago add on? I remember early reviews had some issues but how is it now? Have they cleaned it up and fixed it?

Could you tell me how to request a refund? This has been a known issue since November. It is now January going into February and it does not seem to have any priority.

1 Like

if you’re on xbox you have to request the refund from the xbox site. Usually if it’s a few days of purchase they’ll ok the refund.

No its still horribly optimized and a stutterfest. I got a refund from the vendor I bought it from.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

thank you for saving me money.

1 Like

No problem, I use the free Sears Tower mod on flightsim.to which has no impact on performance at all, and fixes the most important building on the skyline.

2 Likes

for xbox flyers as this landmarks pack is on sale please note, since the 40th edition update last year the chicago landmarks crashes my sim. and there has been no sign of a fix. its a pity because it was good.

Version 1.3.1 was released on the Marketplace today. I notice a lot more smoothness and the reduction of a couple hundred megabytes of VRAM usage on my 8GB RTX3070, which eliminates the occasional stutter I would see when panning past the skyline looking northeast from KMDW.

3 Likes