Drzewiecki Design Just Released Chicago Landmarks

Downloaded version 1.1 and was still getting CTD’s, then tried replacing the bgl file from here and the scenery wouldn’t even show up in the sim.

I had all kinds of problems getting the Meigs Pro addon to work with this… no buildings, control tower 3x taller. No boats in the harbor…

The freeware version worked fine though. Itried many iterations and combinations of loading the two packages, to no avail.

I finally found a tip at fs developers to check the content.xml file for “priority” issues with scenery files.
(/users/username/appdata/local/packages/MS.FS_8xxx/localcache/content.xml)

I found two old versions of the frewware at the bottom of the file and the pro version listed above the DD entry. I deleted the two freeware entries and moved the payware entry to the bottom, and everything is working and looking fine now with both addons installed.

Regards.

Anyone getting also such bad performance here? Its really terrible when flying over the town itself.

Chicago with DD buildings and the custom KORD are still the worst for me. But this issue is isolated to a very small part of the city. Right over the boats just south of Navy Pier. I go from 28 FPS to 12. Once I fly past that it’s fine again.

Edit - worse than London or New York.

having issues with performance , massive frame drop when flying over certain buildings.

Same here although it was running good at first install. FPS just tanks when near low over the city. On the other hand Seattle runs way better.
40fps over the city then it suddenly dips for no reason.Check your vram.

1 Like

Does anyone know of a file i can tweak to make the night lighting less…awful? LOL

its such a beautiful mod until the lights come on and it looks like a circus. Even just turning down the brightness would help. Almost never wanna fly at night its that bad. Just a bummer cause it looks SO good in the day and especially at dusk.

I’m having the same ctd issue on Xbox but on pc everything seems well, when I messaged the company about this they said it was a Asobo/Microsoft issue

Yep on pc is all good Xbox is CTD guaranteed

1 Like

Xbox does have the potential to be a great sim for people who have pc that can’t run ultra, my oc runs ultra but I find my self flying Xbox more

It will get there but in time . The pc is light years ahead so it will take awhile but when it does it will be very nice

Wow. Very nice. I was tooling around in the Bell 47G, and it was awesome.
Do you have a recommendation for a Meigs field add-on? The freeware one from Flightsim.to conflicts with you “stuff” there. Is there a possibility that you may add a Meigs Field option?
Are there any plans to add helipads or greater detail for in-city helicopter hops?
Thanks for a great add-on!
John

I have a detailed write up of reproducible steps to generate a CTD, it is under General - Marketplace and is called “Third Party Developers, PlEASE READ”. I finally got the community manager to forWard the reproduce steps onto a developer.

It isn’t just this addon, it’s lots of addons by lots of developers that experience the issue, but now hopefull that they have reproduce steps, a detailed analysis of what works and what doesn’t, the Asobo developers can isolate the specific section of code that is causing the issue and fix it. Like I said, it got elevated and forwarded onto the developers

For Meigs - I have this, works great and fits into all the Chicago addons (I have all of them :slight_smile: )

Home | Meigs (ztudios.com)

I have the free version of that to try out. The grass areas are under water. Is that corrected with the pay version?
What do you mean by “all of them”? I have O’hare and was thinking about Midway. Is there more to consider?
Thanks.
John

Oh - for the grass issue, I think I had to put the Meigs airport at the very first position in my content.xml file. Weird, but it worked. However, I haven’t used the freeware airport in a while.

In terms of addons, I have:

KORD
KCGX
KMDW
KPWK
C81 Campbell
Downtown buildings from DD

Oh wow :smiley: this awesome sceneries like New York, Chicago, Seattle, Vancouver and others screeeeeeam for finally putting some proper graphics card and more RAM into my computer!

Someone said that the LODs and many buildings of the Drzewiecki Design Chicago scenery are completely broken since the SU7 update, is this true?

Hmm not sure about the LOD issues. I was flying through Chicago yesterday and all seemed fine for me.

It’s only on XBox, and only if you have a duplicate area active somewhere in the world. It’s a bug in the sim, it’s been reported and elevated

Does anyone know how to hack (slightly adjust) a scenery? This Chicago looks so killer in the day, but looks awful at night. Corny circus colors and brightness. Even if i could just turn down the overall brightness it would help immensely for realism!