Drzewiecki Designs KMDW Midway CTDs

Well the title explains it pretty much . I thought this would be a nice addon and it looks like it is but it’s CTDs again at Chicago Kord and Kmdw all over agin . That’s 20 bucks gone out of my pockets . I have to say this is bordering false sense of advertising from this developer as he clearly states on the marketplace that these addons work well also with Chicago landmarks. That is not the case here whatsoever none of them work . It’s automatic CTDs heck I can’t even get into the airport. For the Xbox users stay away from his products this flat out scamming people here when he knowingly and I emphasize the word knowingly is putting this material out on the marketplace claiming it to be legitimately working with the other addon of Chicago Landmarks which is 100 percent false ! This is what upsets me the most that this product is on the marketplace when this developer clearly knows this problem ! So I went to his lovely website and found this red image of material asking Asobo to sort this out and to create dump files , um yeah that’s great and dandy for the pc users but not for the Xbox users ! And why don’t he put that same writing up there on the marketplace to warn such customers as myself or the casual Xbox user whom had zero knowledge of his website and would take his word that this dlc works when he clearly knows that it don’t yet still is selling this and making money ? I had the utmost respect for this developer and have given this guy a lot of my hard earned money but now that’s gone down the drain ! And now I’m out another 21 US dollars for nothing ! This is unacceptable and should be removed from the marketplace and refunds should be handed out because this developer is knowingly advertising this junk on the marketplace as working and knowingly it does not ! I can’t get a refund because of this ! This has gone to long and too far with this developer. Stay away from this developer and save your money ! I have attached photo of his own writing from his own website and also attached what is written on the marketplace to prove my point !

1 Like

I feel your pain. I posted at ranting post about DD in here a few weeks back.

When I first purchased msfs I was on Xbox and his sceneries like Krakow were really well.done and balanced. But I had a horrific time with his uuee which didn’t load in textures properly on Xbox and then later on just under 2k pc the FPS was appalling. I tried contacting them.in forums but months and months later this is still an issue and he claims he doesn’t know why.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I just can’t run midway or landmarks on my high end pc it just bloody hates them.both. I’ve had FPS of under 10 with them and there’s really nothing to them when you compare to other sceneries.

I can only conclude that he has stopped optimising and is developing them for pinnacle systems. I run everything on ultra and 95% of my scenics are performant so there’s no excuse here and I shouldn’t have to lower my settings.

Those products need proper testing and balancing and he also needs to up his customer support service and realise people are not getting what they pay for.

There’s been complaints about pirating software, but the whole setup of these add-ons actively encourages it because people can’t tell what they are buying. Each scenery in msfs store or orbx or independent should have a few hour timed trial so users can test it for themselves. It’s no wonder people download illegally, probably want to eliminate risk as I truly believe people are willing to pay for well built, well performing and well supported products.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with you there and on many points especially the abilities to at least sample test these items before purchasing. Like I mentioned, this stuff he has advertised should be taken off the marketplace and refunds should be given as this is clearly intentionally selling a product that he knows is not working on the system or systems. Im very upset that my money is gone in his pockets now while I have a product that CTDs immediately and he won’t do nothing about it. Im going to have to call Microsoft again and see if I can get a refund but I doubt it . The team here should remove this from then marketplace and issue refunds just like they did with pmdg dc6. This is scamming from this developer and he knows it don’t work but yet is getting profit as we suffer . Lost my respect big time !

Contact Zendesk about a refund. If you only bought it this week make a complaint. they should give you a refund.

1 Like

Thanks will do so as I just purchased this yesterday.

1 Like

It’s inexcusable that these ads-ons (not just DD but any others that are crashing the sim) are currently being sold in the Marketplace store on Xbox for profit. I have many that immediately crash upon launch. I’ve tried everything (reset rolling cache, uninstall, reinstall, delete other add-ons, etc.)

Microsoft should pull them from the Xbox marketplace until either 1) they’ve been thoroughly QA tested on an actual Xbox or 2) establish a refund process that easily allows buyers to get a refund within a window. I blame both MS and the Developer on this.

Imagine the firestorm if over half of the 3rd party paid apps on the Apple iOS marketplace store immediately crashed iOS. Apple would never allow that as they have very strict standards. Microsoft should do the same.

4 Likes

Agreed with your whole post ! Yes they need a refund process for these addons in due time of course if they are not working as advertised! I should not have to hunt down the developers, call Microsoft, send tickets after tickets with zero response and or zero refunds . The marketplace purchases should be simple to use , buy , and refunded if in fact they are falsely advertised within a reasonable amount of time after purchase . This nonsense has been going on far too long now and it shouldn’t just be asobos partners like pmdg that only can pull this stuff off the marketplace, this should apply to all as this is pure fraud plain and simple

2 Likes

Okay so what do we do about stock airports crashing the Sim. I can’t load into DFW without the sim crashing same for the Singapore area.

2 Likes

It’s been reported. This topic is specifically for Drzewecki Designs .

Don’t hold your breath… They won’t answer you here. There is an issue with KDCA add on and a rep said to post it on the dev forum. BTW the KDCA issue still isn’t fixed.

2 Likes

Oh I know they won’t answer me here I submitted my complaints to the top that’s how things get done . Yes KDCA is still also not working for me as well but the midway purchase is a knowing problem and the developer purposely put that up on the marketplace knowing that it don’t work . This is the point I’m making here and a warning for anybody looking to purchase this stuff from him . Plus he said to talk to Asobo so here we are .

2 Likes

I purchased this airport and I have no CTD or performance issues and FPS is excellent. I have a Windows 10 PC, I7 3.2ghz, 32mb nVidia 1070. The scenery is stunning IMO. Inside terminals modeled to extreme detail, animated people movers, control tower fulling modeled. I have flown all 3 ILS approaches and they worked perfectly (A320). Sorry it is not working for some posters here but flawless for me and this airport and DD get 5 stars from me.

1 Like

This is mainly for the Xbox not the pc although on the Pc , I have had one CTD but on the Xbox , it’s automatically a CTD . Point being is that the developer knows this and still puts this on the marketplace which is absolutely unacceptable

2 Likes

Filed a ticket to Zendesk and believe that this has been removed from the marketplace and it should ! I’m waiting for a refund or a fix but prefer a refund because this seller knew it was not working and not properly tested yet still had submitted this non working dlc . I’m happy to brought this to attention and help others so they don’t encounter the same fate as I have . So yes it is not in the marketplace and has been removed . Stay tuned .

For those wondering where your dlc went , it has been removed from the marketplace. There is no further information about this and what we paid for . This was removed yesterday without any notice to the customers other than the developer answering the question.

Issue has been resolved by Microsoft and the developer both . This topic can close .

That’s two airports that were released as working, taken off the Marketplace because there was issues, patched and now working again. God knows how many airports released already that need the same treatment. I know I have 3 or 4.
Orly was the other airport I think.

1 Like

I could name at least 35 to 50 of them that need to be taken off . So outdated and some left behind like tumbleweed in the winds

1 Like

Even on pc i’m having consistent crashes with Midway, and i got it on Orbx >.<

Issue resolved.