DV20 Center of Gravity CG abnormal (nose down)

Is there anybody who could send me the old cfg File?

PM me if you need those. 3 files, around 90-100kbyte altogether.

1 Like

Is there anybody, who can send me the fixed file of the DV20
 :wink: (Windows Store Version, not Steam) Thank you very much!

If you have a CFG.FSARCHIVE file, then those are encrypted CFG files for Premium or third party aircraft. Some, or all of the aircraft’s CFG files will not be present. Camera.cfg will be, and sometimes ai.cfg, but flight_model.cfg likely isn’t there.

End result is that while you can tweak the default aircraft, you won’t be able to for Premium or third party planes.

NOTE WELL
Always, always make a backup of the original CFG files if you tweak anything. When the sim next updates a plane, if they are using a timestamp-based update algorithm, it may not update the files you have changed.

Also always make a backup of your tweaked CFG files before any update just in case they do overwrite your tweaked file. You may need to go back in and re-tweak the same stuff – but never just overwrite a new version with the old, tweaked version. They might have changed – or added – a lot of stuff.

And what should i do now
? I want to fly the DV20 again! Thanks.

Let us hope they fix it in the next update. I was also looking forward to some great VFR flights. I know the plane from real life and it was my favorite small aircraft in the sim.
Again, please everybody file a bug at zendesk and upvote this issue or we will be forgotten.

It is not fixed in 1.12.13. Just checked. And also no reactions on the ticket yet. So very little hope it will be fixed anytime in the foreseeable future. Fixing on the user side is not possible since it is part of the Deluxe Premium package. And so DRM protected. Since the DV20 was the only reason for me to get this package I am assuming I have to write-off my “investment” for now.

The update notes say “DV20: drag and power adjustment”. How can they not have noticed the CG issue? Didn’t they even do a test flight?

(I’m still downloading the update; I will test the DV20 once it’s finished. The only things I was looking forward to in the update was the (hopefully) fixed DV20
)

Edit: Back from a test flight. The CG issue is still there. Both visually in the weight and balance section and physically in the aircraft.
Approach and landing did feel a bit different from how I remembered it (didn’t fly the DV20 for a month), but due to the excessive CG, the aircraft was almost unflyable on short final and flare.

I will send a Zendesk report for the current version of the sim. Maybe we can bring the problem to the devs’ attention, now that the DV20 has been officially patched.

2 Likes

I see I am not the only one with an issue with this plane. I cant flare on landing, and now I am trying to practise the stalls (poweroff stall, poweron stall, stall in turn, characteristic stall), the plane never stall, no stall warning.

So I guess I got the explanation why now

I dare not guess what they did to this plane.
“Oh, why does the nose dive all the time?”
“Must be a power or drag issue, so let’s add power and reduce drag. Did anybody say anything about cg - nah!”

I have no words for that.
27 days ago (after the latest downgrade), I created this topic and, of course, a Zendesk ticket with the hope this issue will be solved with the next update.
And it was NOT fixed. I and all you guys have paid extra for this plane. Has anybody from Asobo tried to fly this airplane? I don’t think so or they do not know what the nose down problem really caused. Have they tried to fix this with more “drag and power”?
I’m really disappointed.
DON’T STOP VOTING AND CREATING ZENDESK TICKETS, PLEASE

3 Likes

I was thinking (or rather hoping) the drag and power was related to the DV20’s behavior during the flare (there’s another thread on that)
 If they really tried to “fix” the nose-down tendency by decreasing drag, then I have no hope for Asobo planes anymore

The DV20 is about the easiest plane in the sim system-wise and they managed to screw it up

As you said: No words.
Edit: Not only did they manage to screw it up; they also managed to not fix it after a month

3 Likes

Yep same here. I am very patience about developers and espacially with Asobo. But at some point a customer is right to be frustraded over something. They did work on the DV20 without noticing the major problem of it being unflyable? Seems to me like somebody did put in some different numbers without looking at the result in the sim.
As stated before I will open a new zendesk ticket.

3 Likes

Seems legit. I have no idea what they call Quality Assurance in their development process. They confess they change a plane, set some stuff on the modell and they do not even check and already reported issue with that plane BEFORE AND AFTER the change?
And yes, they do it with one of the most simple planes. So back to the start, trying to find out how to add the previously working cfg file back to this release.

2 Likes

Very dissapointing
 :frowning:

Also looking at some parameters in the DV20 I find some values rather strange. Like it says best glide speed no flaps mgw is 77. I am not flying the exact same model, but in my manual the best glide speed is 65 with flaps up and 57 flaps down. Any other pilot here with an opinion on that?

I have created another Zendesk ticket. I also purchased the deluxe edition mostly because of this aircraft.

3 Likes

Could be easily possible that it differs. I think this is the latest model and it was a bit heavier and faster than the older ones.
The model I’m learning to fly on is the 100 Katana. It’s manual says 70/64kts for 730/600kg and flaps in T/O position for best (longest) gliding performance.

1 Like

They haven’t fixed this so far :frowning:

Yes, nothing is fixes today. It is realy sad, I hoped that I could fly the dv20 on the cristmas holidays.

But the worst thing: If you substitute the new files with the old working files, MSFS starts the updater again to rewrite the new files and delete the old!

:sob: