DX12 Issues - Weird Graphics Glitches, Stutters in Panning

SMT made a huge difference for me disabling it.

My desktop resolution is 4K, but I generally enter VR on the main menu before starting my first flight so my VR resolution of 2800x2800 per eye is of most relevance here.

I have no experience with VR unfortunatly but isnt it possible that vr settings relate to desktop settings
Otherewise in usercfg.opt, there are primaryscaleVR and secondaryscaleVR settings in this file
Now for monitor use i find set secondaryscale 1.300000 and 0.600000 primaryscale or so plays nice on triplemonitor setup in surroundsetting with 780gtx nvidia graphicscard.
But i noticed on my other pc with rtx 3090 that primaryscale 1.300000 and secondaryscaling 0.800000 is playing nice for me this is pre beta wu10 and on dx12 beta since release.

But than again i have no experience with VR

Also if i set desktop resolution nvcp dsr functional 1.20x it give more headroom but this could be
Placebo.

Hope this could contribute some for you especialy Primary/secondaryscaleVR for this might shift the balance to your settings

I’ve tried changing MSFS desktop resolution in the past and it has made no difference, but admittedly that was before DX12 came along. I’ll try playing with some of the settings you mention and see if it improves.

Make sure to make backup of the files you make changes to.
Let us know if improve or not

1 Like

Aprons and runway textures are still disappearing under DX12 for me. Latest beta installed - this is Imaginesim KATL.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Loaded in VR for the first time in beta 10

Are you using DX12?

yes

Are you using DLSS?

yes

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

yes, yes

I’m not sure if anyone has documented this yet, but I can only reproduce the strange trees and artifacts under DX12 when using SteamVR with Virtual Desktop streaming (Oculus Side Load). In DX11 with SteamVR the artifacts are indeed gone. However, using Oculus link (wired) these artifacts do not happen in DX12 with or without DLSS.

Whatever it is, it’s related to SteamVR and/or Virtual Desktop

I have neither SteamVR or Virtual Desktop and I get the trees and artifacts on DX12.

Interestingly, I did not have the graphical glitches before today. What changed? I updated my monitor to 4k. Now I am seeing these almost on every flight, in fact I just had to cancel my flight from LSZH to EHAM, as it got so bad right after take off that I did not see anything but colourful nonsense, huge blue trees etc. Restaring now to see if going back to DX11 fixes this for me. Using DLSS.

For what it’s worth, I also started to get a few minor artifacts today a few minutes into the flight. I’ve done at least a half dozen flights using DX12 and the Fenix A320 and haven’t had any artifacts. However, this was my first flight on DX12 using the PMDG 737. Granted these artifacts are very minor compared to the Pandora trees most users are getting, but an artifact regardless. This is on a 3090… as far as I’m aware, no 3090 owners have reported any artifacts.

1 Like

I wonder what is causing these problems.

Then only help i can be is state what i use / run i guess, as i have 0 problems with DX12 in SU10 Beta.

RTX 3080, latest NV drivers, 4k resolution, Windows 11 beta insider, latest AMD chipset drivers (5600x).
NVME drive for MSFS and 32GB DDR4 overclocked.
HDR enabled in sim and Windows, Vsync is always on, TAA and mostly high/ultra settings in sim.
I have two monitors and run the sim on one in full screen.
I run discord and teamspeak in the background as well and blender and browsers.
I have 400gb of addons in community folder.

I had no problem with DX12 until tonight. Suddenly everything is a series of artifacts. Switched to DX11 again and no problems. Could it be something with servers? They could be doing things behind the scenes causing it.

Very disappointed because earlier this afternoon on DX12 and very few stutters, great frame rates, etc.

I have been struggling (artifacts, stutters, with vsync 30 FPS) with DX12 (SU10), i12, RTX3080ti at ultra. this morning, i turned on the XMP and RESIZE BAR (don’t believe the sim specifically supports RB right?) in the bios, and now all my is fixed (not sure about the artifacts yet).

Now if i turn off vsync, and let the frames go, its sitting at 45 FPS. So, with vsync on, 30 FTPS its butter smooth.

Yes

This is transient. I can usually restart the flight and it will be normal.

Are you using DX12?

Yes

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

I’ve lost about 5-10 fps in DX12 with the most current build of beta. 3090.

1 Like

I think you found Superman’s fortress of solitude.

6 Likes

Now that you mention it I think you are right.