DX12 Screen flashing with Bloom enabled

I have been wondering if my new card was broken glad i spotted this.

Thanks, this solved it for me also.

1 Like

Its weird but when i turn the bloom on again, the flashes is not coming back in my case. Sorry for my bad English.

Okay and i figure out when i turned Motion blur off, then the flashes are coming back. So try to turn motion blur on.

2 Likes

Yeah I think I can confirm this as well. Seems like when I turn off bloom the weird flashing with DX12 stops. I’m running triple monitors on SU10. Turning motion blur on/off did nothing, but bloom did.

1 Like

We had noticed this in VR as well, it is very obvious and unpleasant in the headset :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dx12-flashing-in-headset-when-bloom-is-enabled/546741?u=rebuffedbee9595

I have this issue on a 4k monitor with DX12. RTX2080. SU11 update. bloom is off for me.

Hey All…Great Job with the info. At least for me…
I tried everything I could and the flashing wouldn’t stop on DX12…
HOWEVER…I turned off Bloom and BAM…No more flashing!
Thank You for the tip!

1 Like

Hopefully this can be fixed soon as I like having the bloom effect and performance with DX12 is a nice step forward!

1 Like

I kind of thought flashing was among the release notes fixes yet here too, still happening as well with DX12.

OMG turned bloom off and boom White flash is gone…i spend like 3 hours playing witth all the ■■■■■■■■ settings trying to find a solution in the nvidia control panel lol and it was the bloom…i don’t know for you guys but i’m happy because the game run way better on dx12 since the last update

Also been having this problem ever since I started using DX12 so I’m going to turn off bloom too and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Turning off Bloom also fixed the flashes for me.

I hope there will be a fix soon because Sunset without Bloom is like Ice-cream without…eh…well something important that makes sense with this anecdote.

4 Likes

Exact the same thing???

I had the same problem. Turned bloom off gave a solution. Turning bloom on again and the problem was still gone??? (somebody in this topic had the same thing)

Yes this was at same on my desktop. Have a 2070 super en Ryzen 2700x

Had this problem for a few days. And yes i turned off bloom and it has seemed to go away … at least for now… lets hope msfs doesnt mess up this time. DX12 4w wide User here.

Are there any updates on a fix for Bloom in DX12? The sun (and sunrise/sunset) looks so bad with “Bloom” off. I am using DLSS on an RTX4080 so I can’t go back to DX11.

Same issue here, updated GPU Drivers, Updated game.

You can go back. I’m using a 4090 and DLSS is working just fine in DX11.