Dx12? Show me dx11

hello I have two problems through the SU5

after SU5 I understood that DX12 was coming in but apparently it keeps marking DX11 according to msi afterburner,

Conflicting stories on this, one is that we aren’t getting 12 at all because 11 is good enough, and the other is that 12 might be out later in the year maybe around the time of the ‘Top Gun’ release.

Search the forums and you can make your own determination.

You have not understood my question, I have been away for a few days and today I have returned from my vacation, I understood that after the new sim update dx12 it would be the new graphical API, it has not been launched yet? It keeps appearing to me that it uses the dx11 API

And thats what I wrote THERE IS NO DX12 NOW MAYBE IN THE FUTURE. XBOX DIDNT EVEN GET IT FROM WHAT IVE READ, HERE ON THE FORUMS. Understand.

3 Likes

In other words this update SU5 didn’t bring DX12, it wasn’t supposed to. DX12 is still in the feedback snapshots, so I guess it is coming.

Haha legend

That’s correct. XBox is running DX12 cause it has to. PC hasn’t gotten it yet. It will, according to the snapshots, sometime later this year. As you can see, we have plenty of issues without DX12 right now.

…you understood and unfortunately you misunderstood.
The DX12 API wasn’t coming to the PC together with the Xbox port launch, as also stated by the developers in the previous live Q&A.
DirectX 12 based MSFS for the PC will include even better performance on the PC, with advanced DXR graphical features such as ray tracing…and in 2022. sampler feedback I hope…

Anyway needs more work meaning a bit more time, hopefully when the Top Gun or however its called launches.

I just can’t stand DX11… (not related to the sim)