DX12 yields worse performance after SU12

Pre SU12 I’ve been using DX12 constantly. Looking around the cockpit etc yielded smooth motion and good fps.

Post SU12 I’ve been getting okay’ish performance… I immediately noticed lower fps and stutters when looking around the cockpit. Main thread was going crazy (into the red a lot). At cruise, where I’d usually get 45 to 55 fps, I was getting 25 to 35. GPU utilization was at 80%, then 8%, then 66%, then 30%… you get the point. I was hinted to check this as I could hear the GPU fans speeding up and slowing down constantly, where as before they would be steady.

I switched to DX11 and performance seems to have immediately increased, to my surprise. GPU utilization is steady, fan’s as well.
I have yet to do a flight, but thus far it’s promising.

Is anyone experiencing the same?
Has Asobo mucked around with DX12?
Is this worthy submitting a support ticket?

No, still the same Performance and glitches as pre SU12

Much improved performance with DX12 here after SU12. 15 - 20 more FPS (70 ish) and half of the VRAM utilization, but more cores used on the CPU. I was happy with my performance before hand, but this is better.

I’m assuming you’ve cleared the shader cache?
How To Clear DirectX Shader Cache In Windows 10 Tutorial | Fix Issues With Games & Programs - Bing video

Yes, I have. It’s so weird how I’ve lost all of this performance with SU12 and DX12.

Did you clear rolling cache after the upgrade? If not give that a try.

I do that every update, yes.