Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

Live WX KAUS. This is interesting…

Yes, with this patch, id say, we can enjoy the sim over our holydays and the team can enjoy theirs to take a well deserved break too. :slight_smile:

After few hours of testing, i have not encountered anything that bothers me. Lets see what happens when the feedback forums open tomorrow and a bigger crowd steps in.

15 Likes

Yeah I was following a tube the other day and while his contrail stayed perfect the plane itself looked like it was going to be something out of Air Disasters show. But then as quick as he was spinning out of control, he was back to flying a nice normal track…

I concur.

I caught a common cold from my niece at Thanksgiving dinner, so had the time to spend many hours with MSFS beta this weekend. Tested my usual airplanes’ flying characteristics and thought that the flight models were good. Always room for improvement (see wx transition above), but definitely no dealbreakers on my end so far.

1 Like

Did anyone test the steam gauge Cessna 172 to see if VR controllers are now fully supported with 1.21.17.0 as I did not see that in the release notes.

The one thing I don’t see listed in the release notes is a fix to the misaligned mouse pointer in the cockpit. While this can be worked around in 2D by turning off lens correction, there is no such setting in VR so with any switch knob off centre of view the mouse is increasingly off proportional to how far off centre you are looking.

It’s not the end of the world if a fix for this is not in the beta, but can anyone confirm whether or not it has been fixed?

1 Like

That’s what I couldn’t work out; whether this was a simple patch or a different beta branch (as they have had before).

I wish I could access the public beta…

1 Like

I don’t know. While I am happy they are fixing the most breaking weather issues. I am not sure I like this new METAR integration (at least not when it comes to clouds), no matter how smooth the transitions are. The beauty about the weather engine before was there were no “transitions” to at all. If there isn’t any other reliable way (than METAR reports) to get various visibility conditions, then go for it. But at least leave the clouds be.

2 Likes

This sounds very promising, so will be optimistic. Hope the team have a great Christmas and a great holiday. For me its a normal week at work :rofl:.

Sincerely Hope everyone can enjoy the Sim over their holidays and team and the Moderator’s have a great Holiday break.

I am passionate about this Sim, and want it to work for everyone to enjoy.

2 Likes

Not sure how this works, I’ve been involved in most of the Beta’s and Alpha’s yet no invite yet. Suppose I only have to wait a day.

I can understand the drive for the new METAR based weather system as it increases the accuracy and currency of live weather, albeit currently at the expense of smooth transitions between METAR zones.

I would like to see a future SU to keep and improve this new METAR based weather system but also allow us an option to use the legacy live weather system where accuracy and currency is less important than the weather transition smoothness and variety we saw pre SU7.

1 Like

What do you mean by invite? I just went in the Insiders Hub and clicked Join. Jayne told us beta testers were given early access in this way.

Thank you for the patch notes :slight_smile: Sounds good. I realy hope they manage to get the METAR transitions good.

2 Likes

not perfect, but on the right track

XBox x Users

Can someone confirm less CTDs with this patch/hotfix ?

Thx

I don’t so much mind the change to the weather - it is just that the speed of the change can be extremely aggressive, which is not nice at MTOW 50’ above the tarmac!

an invite to join the beta in the insiders hub, although I’ve been in 75% of Beta’s including the last one, there is no option to join the Beta, I’ve had this problem once before when I was one of the previous beta testers promised a place in subsequent beta’s but were forgotten, a bit annoying but I only have to wait a day this time.

seems like a nice hotfix.

finger crossed for no new bug

Not for me. I was on the last two beta teams.

1 Like