Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

If the weather is fixed in the beta please Asobo bring it to our consoles and pc as soon as possible because it’s awful at present on xbox series X.

How are the VR controller changes mentioned in the Dev update?

What? Steam users won’t be able to try the public Beta? Are you sure? I saw the word Steam in the statement.

1 Like

Details in the dev blog here:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Oh, ME Me Me Me ME

Can I answer that one, I think I know the answer.

X-BOX = BIG YES !!! :grinning: :+1:

We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing a public testing opportunity for anyone who owns the sim through the Microsoft Store (PC) or Xbox.

5 Likes

Nice edit! :grin:

1 Like

Makes TWO of us who did not read the announcement, before opening our big mouths !!!

1 Like

yes i am in the beta now in my xbox since yesterday

i received an email with instructions about noon

1 Like

How is it on Xbox so far?

Is the color banding gone? I would love to see some screenshots

1 Like

Not seen any banding yet - sorry but I don’t do screenshots :cry:

3 Likes

I noticed a lot of the beta update (build they call it) was RENO.

So I have been flying RENO and it is still fun. Not getting smoked as bad but still got lapped by the AI in T-6.

Then I saw the comment about weather, so I am trying that now. Still a lot of Haze, they call it, in KSAN or someone is smoking at the airport.

oh the RENO announcer doesn’t yell at me about being “TOO HIGH,” as much.

AI not moving

2 Likes

Anyone in beta with VR can confirm the toolbar works with the mouse? I don’t trust the patch notes until it’s 100% confirmed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Has cloud base height been resolved, ie the AGL MSL issue?

2 Likes

That sounds more like the NVide driver bug.

1 Like

Thanks :sweat_smile: but how do I do it? I read the article but I never seen an insider app on my xbox :upside_down_face:

Agreed. I will try to rollback to an earlier version.

2 Likes

According to the dev notes. They fixed it. Let 's see :slight_smile:

If they fix VR (more the stability side)
and the weather I am set. I can work with the mouse since the controllers in G2 are too much pain since I just use the mouse for the knobs and switches only. I do not have the problems with the airport lights at the gate since I found a mod that does that at least in the airports I fly :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do they mean by “resources”? Is it servers or people? If it’s people, I get it because everyone is looking for help these days. But my fear is that they mean they don’t have enough servers to handle both MS and Steam beta, which tells me that it could be an overall lack of servers causing the problems we see on almost a daily basis.

If that’s not how this setup works, please feel free to enlighten me.