Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

Can’t say I’ve had a major issue with the FPS of late, but will try this to see the impact and report back - will be later tonight though

just display fps and enable/disable dev mode with nano. Figures will speak by themselves.

1 Like

In general for 1.21.17.0 after several flights, very pleased with this patch/hotfix. Can even imagine now flying online VATSIM/PilotEdge again. Fyi DX12 still very hard on fps, staying on DX11. Did not test though with latest nVidia drivers, want to take some time to fly rather than tweaking and testing and tweaking… -:wink:

2 Likes

These are both logged NVIDIA graphics driver 497.09 errors.

[DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may crash to desktop during gameplay [3454519]
[DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may intermittently display purple artifacts on the ground textures [3454530]

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/476666/geforce-49709-grd-feedback-thread-released-12121/

I recommend that you fill out their feedback form to let them know how widespread these issues are and potentially roll back if you can.

Google Docs

Display Driver Feedback Form

If your PC is experiencing an issue following the installation of an NVIDIA display driver and you are able to reliably reproduce the issue, we welcome your feedback by completing the form below. We understand some questions are more advanced and…

2 Likes

done just now. Provided all information and good to see both issues are logged already (CTD + squares). Thanks !

1 Like

Easier said than done if you purchased the sim through Steam.

What I want to know is why is the supposed fix for the weather temperature bug being part of a public beta release that will only be available to a portion of users, when the problem is clearly server side?

3 Likes

It will be available to everyone Monday/ 6 December. See the below link for information on joining it.
Regards

1 Like

I would guess that the ultimate fix requires code changes within the sim to handle incorrect server data or data corruption. Error handling, in effect.

1 Like

Does everyone include Steam users?

2 Likes

YES – everyone ‘’

Remember the MSFS Motto

NO PILOT LEFT BEHIND

1 Like

[quote="[BLOG] December 2nd, 2021 Development Update, post:1, topic:478125"]
we will be releasing a public testing opportunity for anyone who owns the sim through the Microsoft Store (PC) or Xbox.
[/quote]

Good to know. I must’ve misunderstood the above quote from the release, unless you are referring to something different. At least for now, it’s stable at FL380, but expecting it to go bats**t at an moment.

Is this update going to fix the high temperature spike which happens above 44,000 feet or not?

Betas are rarely open to everyone and usually have some form of sign up or restriction. Be it platform restrictions, mandatory registrations or even subscriptions, some even demand pre orders before you can test upcoming content. Par for the course, really.

And that quote is about developing a platform that can cater to all users, not about beta inclusivity/exclusivity.

It wasn’t really a surprise that buying the sim through Microsoft may come with its own benefits, was it?

2 Likes

I don’t believe this is true as I was in the last Beta and haven’t received any invite yet.

Yes.

10char

1 Like

Please stay on-topic of MSFS and the topic rather than others. Keep the Code of Conduct and its SOP in mind while participating on the forum.

• The Skies are Open for All - Everyone is welcome to Microsoft Flight Simulator regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, or creed.
  • One World, One Community - No matter how you play – regardless of console, experience level, or reason – we are one community of aviation lovers.
  • Follow Your Checklist - Adhere to the set of rules from each community space. Skipping a checklist item can ground a flight quickly.
  • A Pilot is a Pilot - Welcome new pilots to the community with respect, and seek to have positive experiences with your fellow pilots.
2 Likes

How is it clearly server side? This happened after the last local update. It’s most likely a local code issue that is interpolating the server data incorrectly. It’s also their choice to use METAR for everything including clouds instead of just visibility that really broke everything.

1 Like

Sorry, not open to steam users. :confused:
Regards

Early testing as well. Been flying FL440 for about 1 and half hours without any issues so far. Also, the weather (for my flight) looks great!

4 Likes