Is anybody working on Frankfurt (EDDF)?

Hi,

is anybody working on EDDF for MSFS? Haven’t read anything yet. Just curious.

Here is some converted scenery from google photogrammetry:

The handcrafted version by Asobo in the Premium Deluxe package isn’t that bad either but that’s no help if you don’t have that version since the high upgrade price is not worth it in my opinion.

Thx, I‘ve seen that. But I mean something comparable to EDDM by Simwngs.

That is awful. It is made with google decoder. Luckily, not a lot of freeware developers do that now.

5 Likes

Nothing announced so far

I hope someone like Aerosoft will do EDDF, in my opinion the Premium Deluxe EDDF is just bad and not even comparable with the real airport…

4 Likes

Caelus Aerial has started dev on this but they are asking for community input in terms of photo’s, media and anything that could assist with close-up detail. If anyone can assist, please email caelusaerial@outlook.com

I hope “asking the community” doesn’t mean “looking for free content to then sell it as payware”.
If you’re creating payware, you can get data from many sources, it just won’t be for free.

1 Like

Mmmh their quality has been… really not good, so I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Oh cool, where did you get this information from?

Flytampa did an incredible job with EKCH (Kastrup Copenhagen) which is my home intl airport IRL. It’s absolutely spot on. I took a screenshot from a gate and a friend asked where I was going!
So, really well done airports really do make a huge difference to immersion.

3 Likes

True. But lets be honest EDDF from ASOBO is really bad performance-wise and it really isnt a good handmade airport. Hope Caelus Aerial will make it a bit better than Asobo. Do you know where they posted that they are gonna do EDDF?

1 Like

Almost all handcrafted airports that come with the sim have performance issues. It now with the involvement of Gaya, ones coming in world updates look quiet decent and have a reasonable performance as well.

I am intrigued why none of the major developers have ones like EDDF, EGLL, EHAM etc. even on their radar in face of these known, major issues.

1 Like

The reason is pretty simple. TONS of work for those massive airports and likely lower sales because many will be content with the “hand-crafted” airports.

I think they’re actually underestimating the hunger for those airports made right (of course, sales will be cannibalized a bit, but I’m rather sure they’d sell VERY well anyway), but I guess making equally important airports that aren’t in the sim is seen as better business for now.

1 Like

Apparently someone is working on it. Hope it will be released in 2022:

https://www.facebook.com/avioteksoftware/posts/1804264079772717

Yeah, though it seems they are first prioritizing XP11 rather than MSFS

Please have a look at this. Im currently working on EDDF form scratch.

5 Likes

@IntegraloBoR

Woah amazing…thank you really much for your decision…gonna look at you work :slight_smile:

By the way, if you need anything, I am happy to give you any information I have about the airport, since it is my home airport :wink:

Just PM me here on Discord

Hey Dave, glad to hear. I really need all the information I can get about Fraport. I can’t find you on Discord. Here’s my username and tag on Discord: Integralo
#3940 feel free to contact me

1 Like