EDDK (Köln-Bonn): Photogrammetry leaking into airport scenery (default)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

Photogrammetry seems to leak into the airport scenery. For testing purposes, I switched off Photogrammetry in General Options → Data. Then the issue is gone.

Have all Word Updates installed and photogrammetry activated.

It seems to be connected with the WU New Zealand. I checked with a friend who does not see this issues and he has not installed the latest WU yet.

Note that no custom airport scenery is installed!

Reports can also be found here:
EDDK Weird Airport/Scenery

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

EDDK (Köln-Bonn Airport)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Probably after WU12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes

seems to have started after latest world update. No issues at any other airfields

Yes

First time in EDDK, seems to give a big perfornance hit too. Lots of photogrammetry Eurowings Airbus

1 Like

Same problem here, I cannot be sure if it was like this before the SU12 since I flew yesterday for the first time in the simulator to this airport for an IVAO Tour

Same in this side. :face_exhaling:

Hello. I decided to travel for the first time to EDDK. During the approach i had lots of stutters and when i landed i realised that the scenery was broken. Check this out and tell me please if you are dealing with the same problem with the specific airport.

Definitely some issues with the building and the roof of some other buildings.

I get the same. Scenery broken :frowning:

Same error with Airport.

Had exactly the same issue today. Performance on approach to the airport was very poor

Exact same issue here (photogrammetry leaking in and major fps hit). I dont know anything about making sceneries but is it possible for someone to make a scenery where the photogrammetry is excluded for the airport only? Problem dissapeared after turning off photogrammetry, but id rather not turn it off for the whole flight or have to pause the flight to go in and out of the options to turn it on/off.

YES

It seems, that you don’t have to turn off photogrammetry altogether: The issue can be worked around by de-installing the ‘City Update 1 - Germany’ AND deleting / resetting your Rolling Cache. I say “worked around by”, because this can’t be the solution. Flew into EDDK for the first time today, and had all the above mentioned issues…

1 Like

YES

Loading in at EDDK, Gate B18 and everything is just weird. I’ve tried with Community Folder and without the Community Folder but it seems to be MSFS related.
I’ve deleted Rolling Cache twice and that makes now difference.
In order to explain the issue i think it’s better i show it.

1 Like

The community folder has nothing to do with it. If you want to use default EDDK, delete the ‘City Update 1 - Germany’ in your Content Manager AND delete and re-install Rolling Cache afterwards. At least that solved it for me. I am sure, MS/Asobo will fix the issue at some point. Until then: No City Update DE, or no EDDK (as Köln/Bonn seems to be the only scenery affected…)

I have the same issue with three 3rd party airports and scenery. Alderny from inibuilds, Popham and Thuxton by Burning blue designs. Asbo Photogrammetry bleeding into the Airport and scenery. Very ugly and ruins the immersion.

I think i will skip EDDK for a while then, I want the update for the rest of Germany :frowning: oh well, it will probably be fixed at some point as you say :slight_smile:

I have the same problemi,nothing Is fixed?

1 Like

yes

When you spawn at EDDK :sob:

Hello,
Do you remember what parking spot you spawned at in order to get this?

1 Like