EDDS, Stuttgart

Flughafen Stuttgart hat keine Schluchten und kein Hügel im Parkbereich.
Wer erstellt so was?

Moderator edit

@SchwabenKerle Welcome to the forums.

I am thinking that maybe you are using a 3rd party airport which is conflicting with the Asobo/Microsoft handcrafted version of EDDS as two handcrafted airports cannot co-exist.

It might be worth using content manager to uninstall the MS/Asobo airport or uninstall the 3rd party airport and see if that corrects the issue.

2 Likes

Hey Landsmann :wink:
Did you install JustSims or FeelTheres EDDS? If so (as already mentioned) go to the content manager and uninstall the Asobo EDDS (its part of the DACH World update).

Grüßle,
Oli

Unfortunately that is not possible on XBox and we’re stuck w. the problem. Removing the JustSim EDDS brings back the error in the ILS approaches of the original MS/Asobo EDDS where both approaches (07 and 25) have an offset to the runway so no ILS approaches are possible. This is still the case w. the latest update VIII unfortunately.

I have the JustSim EDDS, and I encountered the same problem (deep canyons everywhere on the tarmac).

How do you uninstall the MS/Asobo EDDS? I could not find it in Content Manager, and I certainly don‘t want to completely uninstall DACH…

1 Like

Prior to update 8 I had the MS/Asobo EDDS deinstalled and could use the JustSim EDDS. After the Update the MS/Asobo EDDS is back and there is no uninstall choice anymore. So right now I did not install the JustSim EDDS and use the Standard MS/Asobo EDDS with the disadvantage of not being able to use ILS approaches. PS: unfortunately nobody seems to be aware that the EDDS tower is located off the actual airport premises and it is a pitty that one of the major German landmarks the Stuttgart television tower is missing.

Head over to Flightsim.to, where you will find several versions of Stuttgart TV towers. Either stand alone or as part of a Stuttgart city pack

I would if only I could :laughing:… the problem is (in this case) that I’m on XBOX. Which obviously is an important argument that I might ernestly starting upgrading my PC and use FS2020 there. Up to now the ease of use of XBOX flightsimming was what kept me there.

I understand…
Constantly upgrading your PC to the latest and greatest hardware is another of those infamous rabbit holes.

1 Like

@StanTGM In content.xml there should be this entry:
If you change the active=“true” to active=“false” and leave everything else unchanged in that line entry for EDDS then this should rectify the issue.

It might be necessary to delete all the sceneryindex files in “SceneryIndexes” (also in the LocalCache folder where content.xml is found. The files are all in the form Filelistxxxxx.dat
The sim will rebuild these files the next time it runs.

Thanks for that info, but I totally refrain from modifying files in the sim. I have a working 318GB installation, and I don‘t want to take any risk.

To me, these file mods are the IT equivalent to open chest surgery…

Since SU10 this is no longer possible.

´s gibt leider koin guta Flughafa in Schdugard.

Unfortunateley, there is no well designed EDDS airport available at this time.

1 Like

Hi all, I just bought the EDDS for Xbox and pc and I have the humps either side of the taxi ways and is there a solution for this on Xbox please? Also I’m not quite sure how to resolve it on pc as worried about deleting or editing files but any help would be much appreciated.

Which Version of EDDS have you bought?
Possibly this one from JustSim?

I tried to get it working on my end as well.
It was working fine until WU XI (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) was released.
Since then I had the very same issue as you are facing now.

I also bought Justsim version and on pc I deleted the Asobo version from one store and when loading msfs it will say you have an update to world update xi but thats just the one airport that is missing now but the 3rd party Justsim version now works fine and no humps.

1 Like

Need to try this.
Thanks for the hint.

1 Like

There is a new EDDS from RDPresets and it it’s really really good. Justsim’s release looks like a toy in comparison.

If you want a good Stuttgart airport, go with that one.

But I find there’s an issue with the ILS. It looks like the airport area is on a hill or something. The ILS guides way too low, you hit the beginning of the runway.
I hope that will be fixed.

The other thing is: I find the texture of the runway too blurry, not crisp enough. I hope they replace it too.

But other than that, this is one of the best airports I’ve seen so far, especially for Germany

The problem with the ILS approach being too low does exist as well with the bespoke MS airport installed only.

I’m eagerly waiting for the RDPresets EDDS to hit the marketplace as I’m on Xbox.
I am not very confident that I will not have frequent CTDs as I’m experiencing already with the RDPresets Faro airport which is similar in complexity. I’ll give it a try nevertheless as hope dies last.