Edinburgh Castle -- It floats

To be honest, that’s a pretty rudimentary attempt at placing a POI. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Same with Uluru in Australia. They did try to fix it, and it’s better, but there’s still a hole under it. Some other strange effects too, if you try taxying up to it.

Things like this ruin the immersion and shows the weakness of the scenery delivery in the sim.

Orbx Great Britain will be a good addition but it shouldnt need to be.

1 Like

Edinburgh has been a floating mess since SU5 but I never thought to try landing or flying under it!

Let the screenshots begin!!!

Probably climate change :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

ok, I’ve done this gag before, but why not… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(with further apologies to Scott Adams)

On the plus side, I haven’t seen any others this bad or even particularly bad. :relieved:

9 Likes

eat me cake was eaten by this building

I actually thought it was some Star Wars spaceship when I was approaching it.

2 Likes

Proof Aliens helped build more than just the pyramids

5 Likes

Thought the same. Looks like the Star Destroyer over Jedha in Rogue One.

2 Likes

Scott Adams doesn’t deserve any apologies… Guy’s a bit!

WU6 installed, and all other Updates updated, and still the castle is floating like Howl’s

That comment alone tells me all I need to know about this update before I download it.

Reported to Zendesk #123556

I’m trying to correct this.
I will post the mod on flightsim.to once I finish.

Why mod it? stuff like that is hilarious and enjoyable in the game if it was a little mistake like that

If you want to correct it, try the mod below.

maybe it’s not perfect but at least it looks acceptable.

Thank you. I’ll give it a try. However, KayakSailor4 had a point. It was kinda fun.

The bigger issue is have they fixed the opverall photogrammetry? See these:

and from the ‘PC arena’:

I’m not that familiar with the area but if they didn’t fix the castle then I guess the rest is still screwy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.