EGHC - Land's End / St Just. Apron elevation

Hello

Does anyone experience problems with Aerosoft’s EGHC? I find that the elevation of the apron is a few meters above the airfield.

Aerosoft and I have tried everything to solve this but to no avail.

Any thoughts anyone?

(PS I have no problems with Aerosoft - they have been very helpful)

That behaviour is usually down to having two scenery files installed for the same place.

If the world update land’s end isn’t still present then some non scenery mods can induce weird elevations.

I seem to recall some taxiway mod mangling the world.

Someone filed a bug report without mods

May be an issue with the base sim.

You may want to try uninstalling the airport and reporting your findings there.

Hello

That is interesting. My stock airport (MS2020) behaves perfectly; all my other base sims and addons that I have in the area. (EGHE, EGHQ, EGTP and EGTE) are also faultless.

Aerosoft and I have spent weeks loading and loading addons and testing different settings but to no avail.

Hello Princess

I spoke too soon - Aerosoft Perranporth (EGTP) has now become infected with the same elevation problem as Land’s End - it is like a roller coaster. I have disabled the Communities folder by renaming it (which contains a few Twin Otter liveries and West Country airports and scenery enhancements) but with no effect.

Do you know if simply disabling the Communities folder is as good as uninstalling the addons contained therein? Is it possible that some 3rd party (elevation) data could have found its way into MSFS files which would cause the problem?

Mike

Renaming is as good as deleting as far as I know.

If the community folder is gone, the UK update Lands End isn’t installed in the content manager, and the contagion is spreading then that’s extra mysterious.

I don’t see how third party elevations can affect anything if there’s no third party content any more.

I agree - it is very mysterious.

I will persevere with my testing and report back - I am more familiar with MSFS and the User files these days - so I can be a little more probing than my testing earlier in the year.

Hello again

I have found that if I run Aerosoft EGHC immediately after downloading the addon works fine: - Lots of people sitting in the pouring rain.

But once I restart the FS the rollercoaster scenery reappears.

Interestingly, Perranporth rectified itself after a reinstall and is unaffected by restarting the FS. (Fingers crossed).

I have tried deleting the Scenery Indexes; uninstalling and reinstalling the stock EGHC but nothing makes a difference.

So puzzling

Mike