EGLL London Heathrow

Thanks, I also have Navigraph installed. I had it working in SU9 beta, but for some reason it’s stopped working. I’ve checked that the default is still uninstalled, and deleted my content.xml. More investigation needed I think.

Edit: Managed to get it working again, found that SU9 had enabled Rolling Cache, I deleted it, turned it off and that fixed the issue for me.

Curious - you edited to say you got it working again, but did not explain/show how… For anyone else experiencing such issues that would be helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good point, I’ve added my fix. An update to 1.22 for EGLL has been released by iniScene, hopefully this will work for them.

Wasn’t that as I use Navigraph, perhaps it’s just that I was using a slightly older version as I remember reading it as an issue on their fourms nearer when it was released, glad to hear it sounds to be working now anyway :slight_smile:

Interesting about the 1.22 fix, as they confirmed it and this fixes it. But I never had the problem to start with!!

I started wondering if I’d imagined it - so checked my last flight in there in Volanta and sure enough in on 09L! So yeah was working for me already - but have downloaded the update anyway. :ok_hand::+1:

I purchased the EGLL package and it is a waste of money- trees and bushes on the aprons.
No real detail around the terminal buildings.
Large Blue zones within the airport perimiters.
I wish I hadnt bothered.
Capt Campbell

Sounds like its not working properly for you, there are no trees and bushes on Aprons on my sim at this airport.

Also no trees etc. Looks goof. Maybe you should contact the support.

Make sure you have Bing data turned on in the MSFS settings regarding the trees and bushes.

I do agree about the lack of detail in front of the terminal buildings though.

The trouble is its already hard on the performance front, more objects would make matters even worse.

1 Like

Firstly, in my opinion I do think INI’s EGLL is very good airport, but for me it could have been great if they would have concentrated on different area’s. I’m not a scenery developer, so I don’t know how much all the clutter takes up regarding performance, but they seem to have gone a little overboard on the clutter in some area’s.
They also seem to have put a lot of effort in to some of the passenger area’s landside like T3, instead of the front of the terminals where you are parked up. I’ve flown in and out off the airport around 20 times now, and have not noticed the T3 landside area once, this is a flight sim not a passenger sim after all. There is still an issue with some of the VDGS sign’s being obscured, so hopefully they will update and improve the airport both visually, and for performance.

I thought it was ok and better than the Asobo version but felt it was definitely overpriced. I’m very well acquainted with the real thing so might maybe see things that others don’t, I don’t know.

There are some amazing developers out there that are doing some spectacular scenery. I’m thinking of the likes of FlyTampa, Pyreegue, PilotPlus, Burning Blue, Drzewieki Design and latterly Aerosoft. I own a large number of these airfields and particularly after seeing the newly released Brussels I’ve revised my opinion of iniScene’s Heathrow. I now would say that it is fairly strong is places but unfortunately it is quite a bit below par in most. The worst factor of course is that the performance is pretty woeful by comparison as well. It t is significantly less detailed and performs worse than Brussels. Given it is a fair bit more expensive than EBBR that is very disappointing indeed.

I live in hope for some transformative update but I suspect it won’t be forthcoming.

I think we all agree its not as good as Brussels, few airports are to be honest, the developer really raised the bar with EBBR and its probably a bit unfair to look at other airports retrospectively. EBBR was in development for years I am told.

Compare it to FlyTampa’s KLAS then. That came out a long time before LHR did, and is significantly better. It is more detailed, performs better and is much more value for money.

True but again Fly Tamp have a reputation for very high quality sceneries that are a cut above. None of us were forced to buy EGLL, I watched a long review and chose to get it on the basis of what I saw was what I would get. I am not disappointed because my expectations were not that it would match Fly Tampa or any other very high quality scenery.

The problem, for me at least, is that it’s more expensive than all of the others. I don’t mind it being less detailed if the price is in line with that. As far as this LHR goes it isn’t.

ps I know it’s not on the same scale but I thought their Shoreham was very good, which gave me confidence to buy LHR. It’s a good scenery, but it doesn’t stack up alongside the best, and sadly the performance is awful.

1 Like

I also purchased EGLL (via Iniscene direct in order to get the updates faster) and i must say - i am really impressed, i like the scenery and can fully recommend it. No trees or bushes on the runway, so it must be some kind of failure on your side i think. Hope you get that fixed,

Greets,
Markus

I dont suppose you have the Asobo hand crafted version of EGLL do you? If so you may want to remove it and see if that helps.

2 Likes

I do and I have, but good call nonetheless.

It may be related to the London PG I guess, but it’s certainly the worst performing ‘large’ airport in the game for me by some margin.

1 Like

My EGLL fps is about 12. Soon as I leave the runway my frame rate goes up to about 50 within a couple seconds. Anyone have low FPS with third party Heathrow

1 Like