[Eindhoven Airport] includes Custom buildings || Version 0.5 is now available (16-10-2020)

This year they are starting to receive the first A330 MRTTs on the base. Right now they have just two, and they will be receiving more.
I was there one month ago and they had one MRTT and a KC10 parked just like the picture above.

BTW, awesome work!

2 Likes

While the donations are and will be appreciated, it didn’t cover the amount of a new license yet.
As I didn’t want everyone to wait any longer, I jumped the gun yesterday and ordered a new license already.

I’ve had an hour this evening to create the baggage carts you see at Eindhoven Airport right in front of each gate for those “unlucky” ones that can’t bring their baggage onboard

So slowly progress will be made once again and details are being added.

If all goes well I’ll release 0.4 tomorrow, which will include the fixes mentioned in an earlier post as well as these carts

9 Likes

looking great. will look foreward to the update.

1 Like

Of course we need a GPU as well!

For those interested;

0.4 has been released and can be found here:

• Added LOD for both the fences and main building, while not a massive LOD difference it should help at least a bit!.
    This is my first time working with LOD’s… so please do spare be if its not perfect

• Fixed some of the aprons that had the wrong texture

• Taxi signs will be on the sides of the runway to help you find the right exit.

• Eindhoven Airport Spottersplek has been added for those that want some great pictures of arriving and departing airplanes

• Taxi lighting has been fixed/added
    Previously this was using the auto generated lighting, causing them to be either missing or obstructing the apron.

• Baggage carts have been added to the airport (custom made).
    Next up are the GPU’s (not in 0.4 yet!)

3 Likes

bedankt :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Building Eindhoven Airport also means we need to get the hand pushed stairs ingame:

Still early in the process, not finished and no textures yet

4 Likes

How does that work? Can you request ground services to push the stairs to your plane? Or are they only there as static objects for the “scenery” planes?

These will be static I’m afraid.
I have not invested any time into the ground services and how they are supposed to work.

But will definitely do some research in the future.
Would be great to have the TLD GPU and Stairs be used rather than the current asobo truck

I think the SDK does not yet permit editing the ground services behavior, atleast not inside the Editor. Maybe already through the XML files there is a possibilty but hopefully Asobo will not take too long to fully implement it into the SDK.

Do you mind explaining me how you fixed the taxi lights? Using lightrows never renders all the lights that are supposed to be there and the single taxi lights from the scenery pack don´t seem to be emitting light.

Also I wonder if you have found a solution to runway edge lights sticking out of the ground instead of being built into the runway (as in real life on most airports with an extended threshold) ?

Keep up the great work, it´s an awesome project !

Ha, well the taxi lights, I ended up fixing them partially.

At first I used the taxipath for lights, this caused some areas were the actual apron was different or have t splits to look weird.

So I fixed this part by using lightrows.
Now here is the part that you’ve mentioned as well: while in the SDK it renders all lights when I “clicked/added node” where a light needed to be.
However once I build the package and get out of the SDK, only half of them show up.

So yes, the initial issue has been fixed :smiley:
The missing ones when using the light row, not so much :wink:

Still better than before :smiley:

I haven’t touched the runway lights to be honest, I have no knowledge there :blush:

Ah I see we have the same problem then :sweat_smile: I suppose some day this will be fixed in the SDK and render correctly in the build.

Thanks for the answer :blush:

1 Like

0.5 is in the works!

More to come :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Can’t wait!

1 Like

I applaud you for your pricing. Due to a very low end PC I need to spend my time at small fields and in the countryside/mountain areas but I may buy this just to support your good work combined with your realistic pricing. Most of the marketplace airports (etc) are sufficiently expensive that I haven’t purchased anything and don’t plan to. Kudos good sir!

1 Like

Thanks PharaohEo and MissionLog, always love these comments :slightly_smiling_face:!!

Here is another picture of the those yellow/black lines I have added.
No idea what they are intended for but they are on the ground :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! In 0.5 is it possible to add the following too?

Regards, Bouwe from Tiel

sure, do you have more pictures of the building behind the gate?

Echt een top resultaat! Heel erg bedankt!

1 Like

Hoi Mitchel,Deze nog, meer heb ik niet.

Thanks @BBdulcy912227!

@ All Airliners, good news!

In the next version you will be able to arrive using the correct route to Eindhoven Airport!

This took several hours to get it to work, but worth the time!
The ILS you select will automatically adjust to the route you select on arrival!

5 Likes