Elevator Trim not working on Thrustmast T16000M Throtle after CTD

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:
Hello. I am once again having issues with my elevator trim axis not working on my Thrustmast T16000M throttle. I updated to SU 10 and trim was working just fine on my prefered aircraft: X Cub. I am playing on PC MS Store version.

I plugged in my HOTAS mid game and the game seemed to not like that. I had a CTD. Every time I would try flying and clicked on the “Ready to Fly” button I had a CTD. Eventually I figured out it was related to this issue and doing this fixed the CTDs for me. However, the trim no longer works at all. Turning my trim wheel does not do anything (the plane reacts with a slight “bump” but nothing else).

However, I can no longer use my trim. I have tried:

• binding and unbinding the trim axis.
  • Restarting computer.
  • Restarting game.
  • Replugging perpherals.
  • Using the default profile for the Thrustmast T16000M throttle.

When the simulation is paused, I can see the trim move but when the simulation is playing it does not work.

Just like this person, the trim works fine when taking off from an airport, but does not work mid-air from a custom location.

Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling the game? I’m hoping deleting some config or cache file would “reset” my controls and fix the issue?

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Thrustmast T16000M HOTAS

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Topic moved into Community Support for assistance.

The Bug Reporting category is for reporting confirmed bugs. When asking for assistance, use one of the subcategories in Community Support. I also tagged your topic with #thrustmaster :+1:

It seems some people have had issues with controller profiles becoming corrupted somehow and axes have no longer functioned properly even after commands are re-assigned. Creating an entirely new profile from scratch has helped some people. It’s perhaps possible the default profile is also corrupted.

I think I figured it out. It looks like you can’t use the trim wheel while autopilot is on (e.g. only using maintain heading). Once I turn off autopilot, it works again. I think this is intended behavior.

It is. The autopilot uses the trim to control the aircraft.

1 Like