Engine not starting / throttle not responding since SU5 for turbine engines

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Tested without add-ons. Also uninstalled/reinstalled MSFS and moved it to a different disk.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Not using Developer Mode

Brief description of the issue:
When flying a single or twin engined turbine powered aircraft, one engine will not respond to the controls. It behaves as though it has been switched off and cannot be restarted. This applies regardless of whether the peripheral is used (Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle Quadrant) or the mouse is used to manage the controls in the cockpit view.

The exception is the Boeing 747. The Thrustmaster controls only operate engines 1 & 2 and engines 3 & 4 need to be operated by the mouse. However all 4 engines respond correctly.

So it is impossible to take off in the TBM 930 as the single engine does not respond at all.

In the A320 (or B777) Engine 1 does not respond to any commands but Engine 2 is perfectly responsive. It is actually possible to take off in the A320 - just!

This does not apply to piston engined aircraft, whether single or twin engined (e.g. DA62). They behave normally.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

2 videos provided. One shows the start of the flight with just one engine running (judging by simulated heat haze). The second shows me trying to use the mouse to start Engine 1. Ctrl E doesn’t work, neither does the quadrant switch. Not shown but tested is that everything works for Engine 2 (quadrant switch etc).

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Pick a single or twin engined turbine powered aircraft (Jet or Turboprop) and create a flight from any appropriate runway.
  2. Use any control to alter engine 1. The control lever will move but the engine will not respond. Flight Sim will suggest using Ctrl-E to start the engine. That will not work.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Since SU5 and applies to all patches since. Worked normally before that. Currently on

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Microsoft Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Impossible to submit to Zendesk. Can’t find a way to get to a page to raise a ticket.

Try https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks! Sorry, I was on the page but didn’t realise it was that link!

1 Like

No worries! The links are legitimately confusingly laid out. :wink:

Hi Bobbystokoe,

I had the same problem but with different airplanes after SU5. My throttle is the TCA Quadrant also. How I solved the problem was to follow the instructions on another thread on this forum. They instructed me to go to the assignments page of the TCA and under FUEL, to Delete “Toggle Engine 1 Fuel Valve” and to delete “Toggle Engine 2 Fuel Valve”. That solved the problem for me in ALL my planes that were having the problem. Hope that works for you also.

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks! Just found the time to try iit and seems to work a treat!