Enormous arc towards the Intermediate Fix (IF)

Hi Nijntje, yes the fly back bug is different, however I would guess these are all interconnected and need an overall new Flighplanner approach. I might be wrong though.

I observed the following Flightplanner related problems:

1. Routing Arcs, where there shouldnt be any (as depicted in these posts)
  2. “Turnaround” bug (sometimes occuring when reaching IAF or when using DIRCT)
  3. Direct to FAF (instead of following a transition/STAR route the plane flies directly from the IF to the FAF)
  4. USR Waypoints (often “advisory” points turned into actual waypoint e.g. SID turn HDG xyz at or above abc ft) e.g here:
    Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0 - #1468 by SierraHotel2873
  5. Scrambling of Flighplan (when you change / adjust a flightplan or delete waypoints, the whole thing falls apart)
    … there might be more, I forgot or did not obsere (yet)…

I did not systematically investigate these bugs, but observed them in various scenarious e.g. Default TBM/G3000, WTG3000, FBW A32NX Dev. Version from last Sunday, Default A320 … basically all planes / GPS / FMCs which are based on the underlying MSFS Flightplanner.

In my oppinion they are all somehow interrelated and this is probably why FBW, WT, (Aerosoft CRJ?) decided to completely start newly.

However, I dont want to derail this thread as it was focused so far on the first point.

Njintje you decide as OP if to also include the other observations or keep them separate from this thread.

1 Like