ENRA landing challenge always shows ground roll 0 ft

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

ENRA landing challenge always shows ground roll: 0ft, and unsure if scoring for that is actually correct. It seems low.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly the WU15 ENRA Rossvoll landing challenge (Epic landing challenges). See that Ground roll distance is always 0ft and it seems excessively difficult to get a full score on that line.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Mine also shows 0 feet under Ground Roll, yet still shows the points.

My results:

1 Like

I also had one touchdown on this with 76 fpm and still scored under 100 for landing smoothness. Also the touchdown zone seems to be in a slight downslope which will affect smoothness negatively.

Definitely something broken with the scoring on this challenge, so far the top score in the world is only 750’000 points (B grade).

1 Like

Yes something is strange here.
I also always get the 0 ft ground roll, and get bad marks for my landing smoothness, even if I landed at 150 fpm.
The scoring is wacky on this one.

My results:

2 Likes

There is definitely a problem with the scoring of this challenge. Aside from the ground roll distance showing 0 ft., the score received seems much lower than one would expect. I just completed the challenge and nailed the ground roll, staying tight to the line the whole way (and I struggle with ground roll so I know when I’ve nailed it), yet only received 2,948 points. My landing smoothness was 94 fpm and my score was only 85 points. For comparison, I had a landing smoothness at CYTZ of 93 fpm and received a score of 174 points.

In case you’re wondering, I take a screenshot every time I improve on my score in a landing challenge because on several challenges MSFS doesn’t remember my high score and just shows my latest score as my highest, or worse, just shows zero, so I have to keep track of my progress myself. Incidentally, this challenge is one of them. Unfortunately the developers don’t seem interested in fixing it. It’s been a know issue for a few years, but if you submit it to Zendesk you get an automated reply that the issue is resolved.

The first image is score from ENRA, the second from CYTZ.

Yes

Points calculation are wrong

It now shows as “feedback-logged” so maybe they’ll have a look at it :crossed_fingers:.

Looking at the top 10, it looks like the issue has already been solved internally.

The problem can be fixed. The LandingChallengeType Bush is evaluated incorrectly in the simulator. To fix the problem, a small intervention is required:

1. open the microsoft-landingchallenge-enra-rossvoll.FLT in the folder .[MSFS2020}\Official\OneStore\microsoft-landingchallenge-enra-rossvoll\Missions\Microsoft\LandingChallenge\microsoft-landingchallenge-enra-rossvoll with a text editor.
  2. find the block [ObjectFile].
  3. change the line “File=Missions\Asobo\LandingChallenges\default\LandingChallenge_Bush” to “File=Missions\Asobo\LandingChallenges\default\LandingChallenge_Private”
  4. save the file and restart the simular.

I have tried it out and am currently in first place in the top 10. You will soon be able to outdo me :wink:

4 Likes

That did the trick, thank you!

And no, it’s not solved online, I’ve tried before applying @koschi61’s solution and it still didn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks for this! After a dozen and a half attempts at it prior to your fix, finally checked the forums and found your post. Sorry to say that you’ve left me in first place with this haha. Feels so unnatural being at the top with only 1.4m score.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I have never been #1 in the world before!

1 Like

This worked for me, too. I’m #3 as I type this.

1 Like

Thanks koschi61, Think I tried this one about 50 times, got it the very next try after changing that file.

1 Like

Additional advice:

• Make first a copy of the original file.
  • Use Notepad ++ as Editor, preconfigured in „ANSI“-coding.

I can’t access the FS files, windows doesn’t let me

yes

still not fixed, even the most perfect landing doesn’t make the score

But it is possible, see here: Help and Support (en-US).
Once you have found the Community folder, go back to the “Packages” folder. There you will also find the “Official” folder. There you can find the folder "OneStore\microsoft-landingchallenge-enra-rossvoll" and edit the file.
Greetings, Koschi

Would be better if Microsoft fix it, a bug that has been reported long time ago.