EP 16 - Red Sea to the Great Pyramid (HESH - HECW) - in Cessna 208 - Adventure Through The Skies Group Flight/Podcast with Microsoft Flight Simulator

Join us on our Adventure Through The Skies as we, Far Isle Pilot and Flying Cookie, discuss all things Microsoft Flight Simulator.
From Addons and Updates, to its future development and the technology that will make it happen, discover the perfect mix of insight and entertainment, while flying over the world’s most exotic and scenic locations.

We fly every Thursdays (UTC/7PM EST), streaming live on Twitch [https://www.twitch.tv/flyingcookie6508] with voice chat on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord [https://discord.gg/msfs], in the Events (PODCAST) Voice Channel.
Catch up on our previous Podcasts at [https://anchor.fm/flyingcookie].

This week: EP 16, we visit the Red Sea and explore the vast desert surrounding the pyramids in the Grand Caravan.
Download the Flight Plan [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S6rSgh27YD1fKvuA42V1vlXbn9vd8Roz/view?usp=sharing] and Come Fly With Us!

Multiplayer Info:
Server: East USA
All Players
Traffic: At your Discretion
Weather & Time: Morning
Aircraft: Cessna 208 Grand Caravan or similar, cruising at ~160Kts

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Credits @FarIslePilot

1 Like

Here are my screenshots from yesterdays fly-along. Great time, I learned a LOT, and really feel like I have experienced a part of the world I may never get to visit in real life. Notice in the one shot, I show our host Flying Cookie buzzing overhead as I snap my selfie in front of the Sphinx!

2 Likes

that’s a weird color for my plane, was expecting to see the default one since i’m using a livery. i like that color though, will have to see if there’s something similar out there or in my liveries for the sr22. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still a bit puzzled on how the liveries work. My 208 livery is from the Liveries Megapack, you can see it in my selfie shot. But when you see my plane taken from the perspective of your camera, as well as Flying Cookie, not only does my livery not show up, but my plane appears as a different version of a 208 sized plane, but with the low wing configuration, as opposed to the standard high wing for the 208.

I would expect that not having the add-on livery would just result in seeing the default livery. I am surprised to see that not having the add-on livery results in seeing a totally different plane structure! Not to mention the added element of the MSFS settings for this: Use Generic Plane Models (Multiplayer). Mine are set to OFF. If I turn mine ON, then how would we all look different?

Maybe a good discussion topic for a future podcast! :thinking:

2 Likes

whoa, just noticed that about your plane after you mentioned it. very odd, i also have the same setting for generic models for players turned OFF. i’ll turn my option to ON for the next event and likely moving forward since that option doesn’t work the way i had thought it would.
may be worth making a zendesk ticket for this, though i’d consider it super low priority compared to all the other fixes/features i’d like to see addressed instead. i may wait for the next patch to see what that addresses before submitting this bug.

1 Like

Good idea! Yeah, I have some community flights I will be doing this weekend (@SeedyL3205 in particular on Sat night!). I might go ahead and change up my setting to turn it to ON as well, to see how it changes things from my perspective.

I have some business to take care of this afternoon. But later on, I would like to take our examples here, highlight the observations, and submit to the Zendesk. Not sure if I can tag users in the Zendesk, never used it before. But if I can, do you mind if I tag you and @FlyingCookie650 in my submission?

Thanks for the discussion, take care.

3 Likes

not a problem, you can add my name to zendesk ticket if needed.
i’ll put in a zendesk ticket after the next patch after i look through the change log to verify this issue hasn’t been addressed in the patch.

1 Like

Sure! Feel free to mention me and add the screenshots from the flight we did.
Maybe Zendesk support will want to fly with us next time :smile:

2 Likes