ERCO Ercoupe lovers?

Just wondering how much interest in an Ercoupe there would be.

I love this little old plane and often wish I could just go tool around in the sky with it. I’ve often heard that flying it is like going on a leasurely country drive in a British sports car. You roll down your window (yes, you can do that in this plane!), hang your arm out the window and cruise.

So what do you guys think? A worthwhile steam gauge VFR addition or just an obsolete plane out of place in such a next-gen flight sim?

Its a sweet little plane, so I hope a quality 3rd party maker will provide one! :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I hadn’t even heard of it until earlier today (someone else was asking if it was in the pipeline on another forum)

I agree, it looks like a nice aircraft & I’d love to see it in MSFS

Regards
Steve

2 Likes

As a hangar rat in early high school, that was the first GA plane I got to ride in. The pilot left the cockpit open so I was virtually deaf when we got back from a short hop around the area. First and only ever grass field take off and landing too. Spent a fair amount of time at that field simulating flights in one of two B25’s config’ed for crop dusting. Most exciting at the time! You had to be a really skinny dude to get over the bomb bay.

IIRC, it and the B52 had castering landing gear. Necessary for the Ercoupe for cross wind landings because rudder control was tied to the ailerons. Presumably the same solution for the B52 with it low-slung engine pods (even with the wing tip wheel).

4 Likes

Yes!! Please!! I love all that’s available in this game, but honestly an Ercoupe is the only thing I’m waiting on.

2 Likes

I’d definitely be up for an Ercoupe - seems like the perfect MSFS GA bird.

2 Likes

I would love one !

1 Like

Fun aircraft. Great for VFR flights. I’m in!

1 Like

I would like to join in and BEG some lovely developer to PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE offer an Ercoupe 415-C for MSFS 2020!

1 Like

Modelling one of the variants that didn’t have rudder pedals would be an interesting exercise for the sim. I’ve always liked them, tons of great liveries/repaint potential.

3 Likes

Yes, do want!

Would love to have one painted in olive drab and dolled up with nose art like a mini B-25 Mitchell.

1 Like

I had one! I just started a post about it. Someone came on and asked me to join in here. I’ve owned two airplanes…one was a kitplane, the Sonex. The other, a 1946 ERCOUPE 415C. If I could have either one back, I’d want the ERCOUPE.
Easy to fly. You know it had no rudder pedals, right? The ailerons and rudder worked as one. When you turned the yoke, you got a nice coordinated turn. It was idiot proof. Take it from me, cause I’m an idiot. Just ask my wife!
Safe. You couldn’t pull back the yoke far enough to stall it. And it couldn’t spin. It was designed for safety. It you messed up in an ERCOUPE, you had to have been trying to. Obviously, it wasn’t designed for airbatics.
But it’s perfect for this sim. Go low and slow and enjoy the scenery. That 'bubble" canopy gave you great visibilty.
I’d love to see someone build an ERCOUPE for MSFS. Day one buy for me.

5 Likes

this plane is really cute looking

1 Like

I didn’t know that ercoupes had that ability to steer like a car with the yoke. Makes me want it even more. It’s one of the cheapest and most safe GA aircraft!

I know this is an old topic, but there is now a payware Ercoupe for MSFS! It’s made by BRSim and you can get it at Simmarket, etc. for about $25.00. It’s nice!

3 Likes