Error in the effect of the wind on the aircraft

The following occurred to me in the following situation.
When starting the wind comes from the right, the windsock points to the left, which is then correct. When taking off, however, the aircraft is pushed to the right, i.e. in the direction from which the wind is blowing. No, it has nothing to do with the torque of the motor, because if I take off in the opposite direction in the same situation, the plane is pushed to the left, i.e. again in the direction from which the wind is blowing. After take off, when the aircraft is in the air, the wind is acting on the aircraft from the right direction. When landing, the influence of the wind direction on the aircraft rotates by 180 ° at the moment when the landing gear touches the earth. If the wind comes from the right when landing and the aircraft’s wheels touch the ground, the aircraft is pushed to the right as if the wind were coming from the left. However, the wind sock and the wind direction in the cockpit indicate that the wind is coming from the right. This error has not only existed since the last update. Can someone confirm this error here in the forum?

1 Like

The wind causes the nose of the aircraft to turn into the wind. So to the right if the wind is coming from the right.

That is the correct behaviour. Are you seeing something else?

The aircraft acts like a weather vane because of the tail. You have to correct with the rudder.

2 Likes

Weathervane effect - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. I hadn’t known about this behavior until then. You just never stop learning. I thought that was a bug in the simulation, but it looks like it corresponds to reality and is simulated accordingly by MSFS; I find it good. Thanks again.

1 Like

What you may not have noticed is the crosswind doesn’t exist while you are stationary, and the wind increases in strength as your airspeed builds. That too isn’t a bug, but a kludge of sorts as they used slightly improved FSX code. It shouldn’t do this, of course, but it was a compromise.

You are right.

1 Like

If the wind is coming from the right when you’re on the ground then the nose will point to the right (imagine the wind hitting the vertical fin and pivot moment force will be on the wheels)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.