Eurofighter Typhoon February UPDATE patch [Honest Review]

Here’s a quick review of the latest Eurofighter Typhoon found on marketplace by Flight Sim Lad.

Recent update patch 1.10 update, see the results :eyes::slightly_smiling_face::+1::airplane:

3 Likes

For liveries, the author (JiannisCamel) has given permission to add them.

Yeah, I mean… there is no reason to fly this garbage at all.

4 Likes

I bought it and I have regrets. I feel I should get 50% back on what I paid. exterior is okay bit the interior is just low textures and the avionics are just a mesh of other aircrafts avionics. The afterburner looks bad too. Handling is decent. I hope the creator continues work on it.

1 Like

Did AC :cloud_with_lightning: DC give their permission? lol

Did Iron Maiden? :wink:

It’s the same author… JiannisCamel

I’m getting bad stuttering when using this aircraft, all the rest are funning fine running smooth. GPU also shows only 40-50% usage whilst all others show 100% usage. I have a R9 3900x and RTX 3070 so more than enough power to run at 1440p. I’ve uninstalled the Euro fighter and reinstalled, same issue. Any suggestions?

It’s more than lightly the rendering not keeping up with the speed. Ie Internet loading or rendering distance etc.

Just a heads up, as it might save the curious a bunch - this plane is free on Simmarket until may 23rd.

3 Likes

The flight modelling is a bit unrealistic, from wheels up to 800kts in seconds. Also, you can’t fly low that fast as per Fishsticks5876. I don’t mind it for high flying getting from point A to B fast with a different perspective view. In VR it’s difficult to read some of the panels. I didn’t expect it to be like my FA/18 in DCS but hopefully it’ll not be an orphan project and we’ll see some good updates.

Unhappy with this purchase and lack of refund policy has put me off buying other jets from the store. Typhoon supposed to be nimble agile it’s not , jet turbine sounds incorrect reminds me off 90s sims, accuracy of cockpit and exterior no comments as am no expert but the cockpit buttons are not fully operational and only textured

1 Like

It´s a nice idea to bring some jets to the Flight Sim - but it should be Eagle Dynamics or HeatBlur quality :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are looking for a great and stable supersonic aircraft military type check out Evan’s (Top Mach) F-22. One of my favorite to fly, can do mach 2.4, FBW and other features. It is also freeware and is better than any of the payware stuff out there right now.

thanks for the review… decided now I’m going to steer clear of this one

1 Like

Bought it yesterday on sale for 12,99€.
30min later asked for a refund via Steam and learned that I can’t get a refund on in game purchases.

I regret the purchase so much…

After 20min flight time I noticed

1. The flames from the engine flicker continuously, the afterburner also and looks like a joke.
  2. When I use the replay function and watch a recording, the landing gear jumps out and pops back in even though it was closed during the whole flight, it’s some type of glitch they probably wont fix.
  3. When on the tarmac, the aircraft does not taxi straight but steers independently in a different direction (from left to right, this could be something in the settings but still awful)
  4. Steering on the tarmac should normally work via the rudder controls, but the aircraft also reacts to the aileron movements.
  5. Interior graphics still not good
  6. No sound barrier effect and so on

If you’re in the market for a payware fighter jet, don’t take this one or wait a few years until the fix it.

I think Microsoft should have a policy on the 3rd party aircrafts to meet some criteria and standards otherwise the people should be able to get a refund on such disappointing aircrafts.

1 Like

Don’t be too quick to dismiss this mod. It has been steadily improving, and it is leading edge with respect to afterburner affects. I love how it sounds like an old wooden sailing ship when you bank and stress the airframe. Great rate of climb and Mach 2 at 40000ft. It’s got a great future.

There’s so many genuinely great fast jets now available for the sim, with even more on the horizon, that I just don’t see any point in this (not even) half baked plane. Why would I want to fly it when I could spend time with far, far better jets?

There are plenty of great jets in the sim now, and I cycle my time between XP, DCS, and MSFS regularly. I love this one because of all the fast, high flying jets in the sim, this one has the best sound to my ears. I love the TopMachStudios F-22 as well, but the sounds drive me mad. Same for the wonderful DC Designs F-15’s. I don’t think any of them are perfect just yet, except for the DC Designs PT-17 Stearman, of course. :slight_smile: