Eurofighter Typhoon now available

It’s the best aircraft for MSFS 2020, by far, but I can’t use it with the tinted HUD glass
Just don’t like it.
Unfortunately there is no option to remove / edit this

I mean… G-91 and MB-339 are EXCELLENT! The SDK is not an issue for those two!

2 Likes

The plane does not fly very well just seems to climb stall out and crash anything I am missing?

No, all of my liveries are shown in the liverie window and working ingame

Just reading these posts now.

Regarding braking. Try using the main spoiler. Makes landing a lot easier and also allowed me to stop properly on the runway. My appologies if this is mentioned by others after this - I didn’t get there yet… Lol!

I gotta say, I find this downright hilarious Jack. One must wonder how it flies at all!

Not being familiar with where you get your info or it’s analysis, but being somewhat familiar with your work, I accept your assessment at face value.

The fact that I can actually fly this jet fairly well is nothing less than amazing. I suspect the author was good at the visuals but just played with the flight parameters till it flew.

In hindsight, I’ll never buy another plane from the FS Store again. They take WAY too long to offer them and then even longer to provide updates. It seems like Just Flight is more on-the-ball in that respect.

Even more importantly, planes offered on just flight have guys like you making incredible improvements. :blush:

Cheers!

1 Like

Genuine LoL

2 Likes

Also, for some reason, this plane is a frame rate eater. Even the A320 doesnt eat my frame rate like the typhoon does. hell even at 40,000 feet i only get 30 frames, where any other plane i fly that high i get 45-55 frames.

Because it’s a mishmash of a TON of Garmin, Boeing, and Airbus avionics packages none of which even remotely resembles the way the Tycoon works/looks. With other available jets out, there is zero reason to ever fly this garbage.

I shared a video with @BostonJeremy77 about the last update made in EF2000, as an example of bad practices from a developer (if you want to call him that), who has no interest in his product, and does not think twice regarding to steal other people’s hard work. You are always free to do what you want but, in short, the video speaks for itself:

2 Likes

So, in this case, Bredok apparently had permission from the creators of these liveries to be included in his official distribution. It doesn’t make him any good, but at the very least he bothered THAT much, unlike MScenery who simply used MB-339 as a “template” for the F-18 without Dino’s consent.

1 Like

It’s a hunk of junk, and I think there are a lot of folks who gave a major benefit of the doubt to Bredok that they were trying to develop add-ons in good faith and would stand behind their product and work to improve it as most decent third party devs do.

However Bredok3d is not creating add-ons in good faith. They are willing to chuck out stuff like this because they know that the high demand will mean that even with extreme amounts of criticism, horrible reviews, and upset customers, it will still sell like hotcakes. There is a reason the two planes they’ve done have been the Eurofighter and the 737. People were desperate for a modern fighter jet and a 737 and he scratched that itch for full price with minimal functionality and effort. It’s cynical, borderline unethical…but it’s been proven to work and no doubt provides inspiration for even worse bad actors like the clowns calling themselves Mscenery to put out stolen IP and charge for it.

6 Likes

Very well said. Its a shame though. Really love the Typhoon and It deserves a better Dev.

1 Like

I wasted my money on this one. Really the only one I can say that about.

Same here, I even suspect parts of the product were stolen and used without permission though I have no absolute proof of that. I had to dispute my credit card charge with Sim Market to get my money back as a product that did not function as advertised.

Hi

I have an issue I hope someone can help with, when I purchased the typhoon the screen in the picture was bright like the rest but now its gone dark and the brightness dial on the left doesn’t do anything?
can anyone help?
Thanks

There is a mod file on flightsim.to that gives left/right view through the canopy using the hat switch.

I bought this mode right away, and I really enjoy it. I have a much deeper appreciation of it now that I understand how the SDK works. This model is a fine example of what can be achieved with the SDK, keeping in mind the limitations to this sim. Thanks for the model. Cheers.

I purchased this and it’s quite a let down. The panel model is elementary at best and flight dynamics are not great at all. It’s a shame because the EF2000 is such an incredible aircraft and it deserves to be replicated properly.

1 Like

Not sure how is possible. But the 1.4 update for the EF2000 made it worse. Now the roll rate is super sluggish and the handling is like it weighs 2 times as much as a 747. It’s even more bouncy when pulling up in a high g scenario.

Even at only 350 knots its out performed by the MB-339. Which is not accurate at all. The Euro Fighter should out perform the MB-339 in every way. It’s one of the most advanced fighters on the planet. I’m guessing the flight model is just completely wrong.

Sad, as the EF2000 is one of my favorite aircraft and to see it in this state in the sim makes me well…. Sad. Waste of 20$

1 Like