Every Single Flight CTD

Hi,

The last couple of days I have been having a ctd every flight. The CTD happens anywhere between 30 minutes to 90 minutes into a flight. I have tried various aircraft, fenix, pmdg and default aircraft.

I have resorted to reinstalling windows and the sim to rule out issues there and that has not fixed it.

All my drivers are up to date, temps are well within limits. I have tried reducing settings, no add-ons, pretty much ran the sim in complete default and still I get the CTD.

Event viewer shows nothing, not a single log from the time the sim will crash. It literally just shuts down like an alt f4 press.

It would be great if anyone else could report if they have randomly started having this. I’m now at a compete loss with what to try to resolve it,

My specs are 13900k no overclock, rtx 4090, 32gb ddr5 ram. Sim installed on a 1tb nvme ssd.

Thank you In advance!

What size of Power Supply do you have?

Run CpuZ in the background, might give you a direction to look after a ctd. Power or heat issue might be a problem. Not just GPU but case flow too. MSFS installed smoothly with no glitch’s and it ctd with default (you added nothing from old MSFS back in)?

I have Corsair HX1200w

Hi.
There has been quite a lot of reports of CTDs on this forum. I and many others have had the the same problem, their is a video 0n this forum by ‘’ Q8 Pilot. ‘’ I tried it, and it got rid of my CTD’s. It relates to Nvidia settings and shader cache etc. Please note, l am not saying it will work for you. Simply watch the video, if you think it will help try it. Best of luck…

Before you go crazy troubleshooting hardware you need to review a log file, any log file! If you don’t have one available, find a way to generate one with an application, if not you will go crazy chasing the problem. A good starting point is to check the Reliability Monitor. Press Windows Key + R, type: perfmon /rel See if FS2020 is listed and review the information available for it. Make sure you have any Antivirus/Firewall disabled while testing, perform all updates and a trick I have done in the past is to lower one or two versions of the graphics drivers. Don’t install the full Graphics suite with all the stuff in the NVIDIA packages, just install the most basic driver. Start there and let us know how it goes.

Complete system shutdown is a hardware issue, almost 100 percent of the time. I know, had the same problems running games that were using a lot of CPU, system would shut down when the core temp went too high to protect itself. Long story short, bought some thermal paste and a can of compressed air, took my cpu out and reapplied paste (it had ALL dried out), cleaned out the case and fans with the air, haven’t had a crash since. Dust will creep up on you.